HGV Licence

Just a quick Question My HGV licence was revoked on health grounds a few years ago nothing serious just that I had had a bad accident involving a suicide driver. I had gone back to work a month after the incident Because I was an owner driver but my health suffered mainly nerves and deppression post traumatic stress disorder and medication that was in 1996. I now want my hgv back class 1. I have applied passed the medical at my local docs surgery and sent all the relevant forms and that off to DVLA. Can I get my licence back after all this time.
What are your views and experiences please. Any info will be good. Thanks for looking.

No experience to help you, but I can’t see why not :question:

I dont think you will get it back, as you have not held a class 1 in the last 10 years. I hope that you can prove me wrong.

SWEDISH BLUE:
I dont think you will get it back, as you have not held a class 1 in the last 10 years. I hope that you can prove me wrong.

AIUI there isn’t any limit although 10 years is often quoted and a medical pass should be enough to get the licence back.

May take them a little bit for them to decide even though you have had a medical at your Dr although this is a good start if it was your own GP

There is no reason why you cant have your licence back as long as you can provide proof that you are over this ( although you dont really get over depression just learn how to control it a bit )

I you look in the Family & Health forum on here you may find some info on this a I had my licence revoked a few years back due to ill health & yes I did eventually get it back after several tests etc

Hi People many thanks so far for your replies. I am hopeful that I can get my licence back. I dont want to drive full time for a living but it would be nice to have a chance of work if the need arose. I am proud of my licence having passed at 21 and onto the ERFs and Atkis in those days 51 years old now so bit of a old timer Lol.

If I do get my hgv 1 back and want to drive artics again what do I face.? Drivers assesments what is involved please. I know the hours side of things not sure about digi tach though but have now got a card.
Whats changed what do I need to be doing while waiting for dvla to come to a decision Lol.

it takes a while 90 days in my case but i got it back . but only from letting it lapse from 2007 . i had same problems as you hope that helps sean ps they put me on a yearly revue on my car licence first that was before i applied for my hgv back