HGV licence under 25 years old?

I am 22 years old and I stay in Dundee in Scotland. I really want to get my HGV licence and I have the money waiting to go ahead with the tests. I have passed my car licence for over 3 years now but havent been driving regularly at all so just wondering if it would be pointless to go ahead or not? Also as I am under 25 then would it be hard for me to get jobs within this industry? Any help would be much appreciated.

Hey, and welcome mate.

If you really want a career as a HGV driver then all I can say is go for it, as you are under 25 it can and will be tough to get a Job. Tho its hard in general too, but if you are determined you will get the job. Just need stick to it. There is alot of info on this Forum, that might help your decision.

Gareth

Welcome

Being under 25 will hamper your job progress a bit but not make it impossible.

Search through the newbies section of this forum and you will see that people fresh from passing and younger than you have got a start.

If you are willing to push hard to get your licence categories and even harder to get work then go for it.

Standard advice is to visit local training schools and stay away from brokers.

Good luck.

Dean

Hiya mate. Don’t let the age out you off. I stared driving 7.5 toners at 19 and artics at 21. There is company’s out there willing to take you on just be prepared to travel. It is ageism at the end of the day. If a 63 year old got turned away for being too old there’d be uproar.

Im 22 and sitting on the bunk in an artic writing this post now, its not easy but if you work hard you’ll get what you want. There is work out there for under 25’s but dont expect the decent runs lol.

Hey, I’m from Scotland too but further down in Ayrshire about 15 miles south of Glasgow.

I’m 18 and about to sit my artic, so if you want to do it, then do it - you will have to perservere as I have been searching since December and only just landed a couple of interviews (thats more a sign of the times though).

PM me if you would like any help. i’ll do my best. :slight_smile:

Id say go for it take a chance while your young, you will always have your licence to fall back on.