Hgv jobs based in Valencia

Does anyone know of companys in valencia or how to find jobs there??
I will be moving there in the next 4-6 months depending on work and im finding it hard to find jobs,Im looking for anything really,maybe a uk company shipping freight back from valencia to england??
If you can help me it would be very much appreciated

Hi Blocks, welcome along.

I’ve got to tell you that this isn’t the first time this question has been asked, there are a couple of forum members who are based in Spain and I’m sure they will give you up-to-date advice when they next log in, but from experience I think the answers you receive are unlikely to be optimistic.

I’d warn you that things are rough in Spain right now. The unemployment rate is over 20%, double what it is here. You will also find that the big fridge fleets have cut right back and flagged out. I know the Costa del Sol better than the Valencia area and what i would suggest down there is to get a copy of the local paper called “Sur in English” and ring the removals companies that advertise in there. I would of thought that Murcia was probably better than Valencia, i certainly see more fridges on spanish plates from there. Try our friend Google with removals to and from Spain and see what comes up. You always have the famous Silver Wolf who seem to get through drivers at a great pace. Another thing, Spain all but shuts down in august and then slowly gets going in september building up to the peak fruit season in november and december.

wolfinternationalfreight.com/

Thank you for the leads,i am following them up and im very gratefull for your advise.

Its incredible difficult to find work here, you would need to speak a bit of Spanish and the work force don’t change jobs that often due to the employment laws, for example for every years employment you would be entitled to one and a half months pay if made redundant so people don’t move jobs unless they are disparate. I’ve worked for a removal firm in the costa del sol and was paid cash in hand (black money) so your not in the social security system but its worth contacting some you might be in the right place at the right time. Any other work is seasonal with rubbish money and long hours DON’T BUY A BAR its the quickest way to throw away your money.
You would be better off buying cheap left hand drive cars in UK flog them in Spain and cheap right hand drive in Spain and flog them in UK.

Good Luck.

Bloody foreigners stealing jobs :laughing:

Wheel Nut:
Bloody foreigners stealing jobs :laughing:

Us immigrants have to stick together. :wink:

There are a few British companies with regular runs to the Castellion area doing tiles, you could try to contact them.
I don’t know of any removals companies with work around Valencia, you would need to go further south to Alicante area, but removals is quiet as well these days and I know a lot of blokes around Alicante looking for work with removals experience.

You could get a van and advertise your self as man and van maybe, but there a quite a lot of them around as well

the only options around valencia are either tiles or container work, most fridge work is based more towards murcia or almeria but the majority of drivers are bulgarian or romanian at the moment simply because they are cheaper than the spanish equivalent due to the contract system.
as has been said above its much better and easier if you can speak spanish.
don’t bother with wolf as their drivers are now based in the uk as they no longer have a depot in malaga
good luck but don’t hold your breath, unemployment in spain is one of the highest in europe

Thank you to everyone for thier input,i feel like im starting to get somewhere now!! following a few leads and hope to hear something soon

have ye not thought of working for another company who do work down to valencia ? why dont ye try another euro company ? Belgian or Dutch ? just a thought

you may want to try these, murcia region tho, not that far

transportes-argos.com

thcorredor.es/ing/thc.htm

capitrans.com

grupodisfrimur.com

laarchenera.com

kbl-logistica.com

secotrans.com

llacerynavarro.com

As has been said before, it will help enormously if you can at least speak some Spanish. However even if you do there is not a lot going in your favour given the current situation over here as regards unemployment and the ready availability of very cheap east european and morroccan drivers.

As regards looking for a job, you need to be aware that its a lot different to the UK, a substantial proportion of Spanish trucks are owner operated - running between just 1 and 3 trucks, and they dont have “yards” as such, except the very big companies - here you park wherever you can so getting on your bike and canvassing prospective employers is a lot more difficult. You really need to speak to the drivers themselves to find out whose doing what.

Removals firms in Spain arent really an option at the moment. Those who are still trading are at best struggling and any work you get would be at best sporadic and be paid in cash.

You might want to try Insight Trans Logistics Ltd http://www.itltransport.com/ they employ a lot of Spanish based drivers (including me)and as of a couple of weeks ago a Spaniard (did you know Vincente was on for us James?). Most of the work is to Gib, but a good deal is also going to Madrid now too - and they do tiles as back loads out of Castellon / Valencia when available or needed.

i did know vince was on with you mark what made you go back to insight?

That bloody Vince gets everywhere :confused: :confused:

Hi James, If the job had delivered the worjk promised then I may not have gone back - however it didnt. I spent the best part of 2 months traipsing around the Uk with one trip to Spain and 2 to Paris. Hardly euro work - i just about lost the will to live working UK and as the job was offered should I want it I went back.

Sometimes the devil you know is preferable to the one you dont. Also they had been taken over by a big multi national and to be honest Ive never got on with big firms, to much “mierda” for a start.

britladinspain:
That bloody Vince gets everywhere :confused: :confused:

yes he gets everywhere for a short period then gets fed up of the job and jumps ship then tells everybody its not his fault but hes going to iraq as a bodyguard so moneys not a worry :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hombre:
Hi James, If the job had delivered the worjk promised then I may not have gone back - however it didnt. I spent the best part of 2 months traipsing around the Uk with one trip to Spain and 2 to Paris. Hardly euro work - i just about lost the will to live working UK and as the job was offered should I want it I went back.

Sometimes the devil you know is preferable to the one you dont. Also they had been taken over by a big multi national and to be honest Ive never got on with big firms, to much “mierda” for a start.

i met 2 of your colleagues in almazan last week, tall ugly farmer type lives near castellon but wants to move down here and a short fat bloke lives near marchena way i think he said but he spoke so much crap i gave up listening in the end :laughing: :laughing: typical englishinspain can’t speak the lingo but always getting grief with his kids in the police station and wants to fight the world, i’m sure you know who i mean :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yes I do know exactly who you mean, and I agree with you about typical Brits in Spain.

What I want to know is who the hell let on about Almazan to them? Since I left and went back the whole blasted lot of em seem to be going there!! it used to be a bit of tranquility away from the Brits but right next to a major transit route.

Is Vincente to blame?? Ill have to have words with him to keep the other good places quiet!

blame vince :imp: he’s told them all the routes and parking places we use at CITMA

Hombre:
…What I want to know is who the hell let on about Almazan to them? Since I left and went back the whole blasted lot of em seem to be going there!! it used to be a bit of tranquility away from the Brits but right next to a major transit route…

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I would blame the internet, apparently there is quite a well known truck drivers site, Trucknets or something like that. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Apparently it has forums etc giving all sorts of advise about routes etc…usually from the people who live there as well!!! :laughing: :laughing: …I would blame them for giving away all the secret places etc!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: