HGV Inurance and their view on points.

Whar’s the max points most insurance companies allow?

I only ask because at present I’m nursing 6 points and I’m ■■■ scared I do something silly and get caught and end up with another 3 points. I’m back down to 3 in Sept. but as you all very well know, anything can happen and it only takes the blink of an eye for speed to creep up etc etc. Sould one expect to get sacked if one goes up to 9?

:confused:

Would depend entirely on the company and their insurance no doubt. Some drivers seem to like collecting points and have anything up to 12 on their license, others have a few. A lot of job adverts state they allow upto 6 points for speeding, more serious offences like red lights, tyres etc will make a difference.

Presumably once you’re in a job any further points for minor offences might be not be as much of a problem as if you had them when applying for the job, but too many and you might still end up in trouble, if you don’t lose your licence through totting up.

My firm draw the line at 6 points.
A few years ago,I went from nothing to 6 points,(2 lots of 3), in 10 days.Acouple of weeks short of 3 years later I got done again.
My firm said as it was only a couple of weeks before the original 6 points come off,take a couple of weeks holiday,which I did,and came back with only 3 points!
The down side of this is that my insurance company take into account ANY points on your licence FOR HOWEVER LONG THEY ARE ON!
Which means according to my insureres,I now have 9 points on my licence until I can get the first 2 offencec off after 5 years.This of course is the excuse to load my insurance premium!

Steve-o:
Whar’s the max points most insurance companies allow?

I only ask because at present I’m nursing 6 points and I’m ■■■ scared I do something silly and get caught and end up with another 3 points. I’m back down to 3 in Sept. but as you all very well know, anything can happen and it only takes the blink of an eye for speed to creep up etc etc. Sould one expect to get sacked if one goes up to 9?

:confused:

i know a few whove become shunters when theyve got close to a ban.

when i worked as a courier driving 12 tonnes a few drivers had 12 points and a few had bans before. the insurance company just hiked up the price.