HGV Insructor killed

Condolences :cry: :cry:

Itā€™s not good news.

Thoughts to the guyā€™s family (and the poor sod who was drivingā€¦thatā€™s gonna haunt him for the rest of his life).

ALREADY POSTED HERE :frowning:

sorry Rog , didnā€™t see it there mate

Many condolences to the family.

It is not the safest career and hard to understand unless you are in the job yourself.

A real tragedy

SORRY to hear , our thoughts are with the family

Agreed, itā€™s sad.

BUTā€¦

Surely, training people up in a working truckstop is a tad dangerous anyway.

I mean, lots of comings and going and no real ā€œover and overā€ obstacles as everything changes by the hour.

I always thought it a little wreckless whenever I have pulled in there.

Please donā€™t mis-understand, condolences to this mans family. Itā€™s just a viewpoint.

i dont think the instructors get the recogntion or rewards that they should,it is quite a way up from just driveing the trucks for a living.sad case

fuse:
i dont think the instructors get the recogntion or rewards that they should,it is quite a way up from just driveing the trucks for a living.sad case

Going to start a new thread HERE on this point as this one is not the place to do it.

blimey this was a bit of a shockerā€¦iā€™m in and out of rugby truckstop all the time doing truck repairs there and see the guys doing the reversing and manouvering about and didnā€™t think for a minute it was dangerousā€¦it is a massive space during the day.
however iā€™ve had a few close shaveā€™s while working on trucks on service stationsā€¦one of which was very scary.
iā€™m working in strensham at about 3 amā€¦iā€™m under a volvo unit working on the gearboxā€¦an army convoy pulls in and sets up camp,thereā€™s a little banter as these guys are wide awake as we areā€¦they are brewing up when an artic sails past between us and the convoy(which was not a large gap at all) and crashes into the kerb at the bottom of the slope,knocking a lampost over and smashing his bumper offā€¦after about 1/2 hr the driver returns to the spot where it was and then starts running down the services in panicā€¦the army boys were all down there to welcome him and he was mortified.
what was most concerning to me was the fact that it was silent as it passed,just a huge shadow passing by,but enough to take the van and truck with it as the speed it built up was scary. :open_mouth:

and my condolences to the familyā€¦ :frowning: