HGV Express

Hi to you all,

Firstly great website, secondly I have a couple of questions.

I am looking to book my HGV training with HGV Express, do any you guys and gals have any info on them? Are they good, bad? Should I shouldn’t I?

Also I have a DR10 on my license from 4 years ago do you think this will always affect my chances of getting a job, so would I just be wasting my time and money?

Thanks to all,

M

I’m sure it stays on your counter part of your licence for 11 years?

And Dr10 is drink/drug driving?

Don’t quote me but I don’t think you stand a chance or atleast that’s the impression I would get trying to get a job with that on my licence…

My brother has a DR10 on his licence. A few years ago he wanted a change of direction and looked into various driving jobs, none of them HGV.

Every company bar none said that their insurance would not cover people with a drink drive conviction.

I don’t mean to sound pessimistic but unless you can get a cast iron offer of work then I’d think very carefully about spending your money.

A DR conviction code is also on your licence for a minimum of 10 years.

Sorry for the doom n gloom but Iooking at the job in general there are enough fresh ticket holders who can’t get work without having the noose of a DR10 to further drag you down.

Cheers
Neilf

…and to add the possibility of further dismay, HGV Express look like training brokers. I stand to be corrected but if they are then they won’t actually be training you, they will take your money and appoint a training company somewhere .

The DR10 is a problem :cry:

Tazbug

Tazbug:
…and to add the possibility of further dismay, HGV Express look like training brokers. I stand to be corrected but if they are then they won’t actually be training you, they will take your money and appoint a training company somewhere .

The DR10 is a problem :cry:

Tazbug

Think they are a training broker as well so stay clear of them

DR would say is a prob

moliere:
I am looking to book my HGV training with HGV Express, do any you guys and gals have any info on them? Are they good, bad? Should I shouldn’t I?

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=30889 - see post 2

ROG:

moliere:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=30889 - see post 2

If you asked them if your DR10 would go against you trying to get a job once you had passed.

I can only imagine the lies they would of told you to get your money…