HGV drivers infected with 'Middle Lane-itis'

WTF is it with, so called, Professional HGV drivers hogging the middle lane? ( … or even lane 3 of a 4 lane carriageway!! )

I thought it was only car drivers that were afflicted with this terrible condition, but just lately I’ve noticed a lot of our fellow HGV drivers in
all types of vehicles, from Tippers to Car Transporters, dawdling along in lane 2 or 3 with completely empty inside lanes!

I often glance at them as I pass, and they usually appear to be in a coma… I’m guessing they started overtaking a slower vehicle some miles
back, and then simply forgot to move back to the inside lane and complete the manoeuvre!! :unamused:

I don’t get the tanker driver who sat in lane 2 virtually all the way from the M26 to well past Clacket Lane services, whilst I watched all this
nonsense from my position in the inside lane, he just sat there daydreaming in lane 2.

It gets better… how about the car transporter driver on the M25 clockwise in lane 3 ( of 4 lanes! ) all the way uphill from the the M23 junction
to well past the exit at Reigate, despite all manner of vehicles inc other trucks undertaking him on two completely empty inside lanes? As I go
off the motorway here, It becomes clear… I can see him ■■■■■■■ around on his phone, maybe updating his Facebook status or some other really
important thing! :open_mouth:

Give them a friendly flash or toot as you go past to wake them up, and they either don’t see you, don’t move in, or just give you the finger!

Thankfully, lane hogging lorry drivers are still a minority… but there’s a fair few who need to wake up and move over! Complete Muppetry! :laughing:

May be the sign of the times ,or they gust fill safer with an opt out lane

malcolmgbell:
May be the sign of the times ,or they gust fill safer with an opt out lane

I’ve heard this phrase before, but what does it actually mean… opt out of what exactly?
Driving properly, the way they were taught?

It’s lazy and unprofessional - KEEP LEFT at all times unless overtaking!

I’ve also noticed this relatively new phenomenon with many of today’s drivers.,
They pass you, you flash them in (well, that is if you are that way inclined these days) and they just either ignore it, or don’t even check their mirrors.
Only consolation is that I would rather have that than those absolute lowlife ■■■■ whits who nearly shave your front grille when they almost overtake you. :imp:

I was taught the same way as you mate, keep left when possible at all times, but like a lot of other old and proven ways, they are disappearing because of the bad attitude of many modern day ‘‘drivers’’

NEWSFLASH++++++

Opt out lane available when keeping left. Known as hard shoulder.

BREAKING NEWS+++++ Leaving a safe gap negates the need for opt out in 90% of instances.

For more info, please contact w4nkdrivers @learntodrive.com

All Scalectric drivers are the same mate.As you go up the inside you think they’ll wake up and drive properly after you’ve passed.Then…nothing

robroy:
They pass you, you flash them in (well, that is if you are that way inclined these days) and they just either ignore it, or don’t even check their mirrors.
Only consolation is that I would rather have that than those absolute lowlife [zb] whits who nearly shave your front grille when they almost overtake you. :imp:

They’re not lorry drivers, and nor will they be for as long as they have a hole in their arses. They are steering wheel attendants that have been trained to pass a test, not to drive a lorry, and it appears that there are more of these accidents waiting to happen infesting the roads every day.

Nobby_Clarke:
All Scalectric drivers are the same mate.As you go up the inside you think they’ll wake up and drive properly after you’ve passed.Then…nothing

I know mate! After passing them, I watch them in the mirror to see if they move in, but the penny just doesn’t
drop for them does it? I watch other drivers passing them both sides but they just don’t seem to get the message! :confused:

robroy:
Only consolation is that I would rather have that than those absolute lowlife [zb] whits who nearly shave your front grille when they almost overtake you. :imp:

I was taught the same way as you mate, keep left when possible at all times, but like a lot of other old and proven ways, they are disappearing because of the bad attitude of many modern day ‘‘drivers’’

Ha ha Totaly agree! Complete Muppets! :smiley:

Olog Hai:

robroy:

They’re not lorry drivers, and nor will they be for as long as they have a hole in their arses. They are steering wheel attendants that have been trained to pass a test, not to drive a lorry, and it appears that there are more of these accidents waiting to happen infesting the roads every day.

You say that mate… but when I glance at these drivers when passing them, they often appear to be old experienced hands,
that have been driving for years… NOT young 'uns!! They ought to know better surely!

eagerbeaver:
NEWSFLASH++++++

Opt out lane available when keeping left. Known as hard shoulder.

BREAKING NEWS+++++ Leaving a safe gap negates the need for opt out in 90% of instances.

For more info, please contact w4nkdrivers @learntodrive.com

PMSL :laughing: Nice 1 i like that!! :smiley:

Who cares…

If they wanna sit out there all day?

Doesn’t bother me in the slightest. The sooner we have passing on the inside like the Americans have had for decades, the better.

you drive your lorry and i’ll drive mine

yourhavingalarf:
Who cares…

If they wanna sit out there all day?

Doesn’t bother me in the slightest. The sooner we have passing on the inside like the Americans have had for decades, the better

It doesn’t usually bother me on a quiet motorway… but when it’s busy and you get up front to see that most of the traffic is jammed in two outside lanes because some idiot is lane hogging and contributing to the congestion, then it’s annoying!

I agree we should have passing both sides like the Americans… it may help some drivers start to develop an all round
awareness of their vehicles, rather than almost ignoring the nearside, usually until they want to leave the motorway
( at the last minute! ) from the middle lane! :laughing:

you drive your lorry and i’ll drive mine
[/quote]

I was taught to drive on the left unless overtaking too. Having said that,i can understand cars avoiding lane 1 and leaving it for lorries,but because of the current trend of poor lane-discipline,3 and 4 lane roads don’t work anymore. You just get people in all the lanes doing different variations of between 50 and 60. Quite often the quickest way to go is lane 1 because there’s no one in it,the opposite of how it used to be

Nobby_Clarke:
I was taught to drive on the left unless overtaking too. Having said that,i can understand cars avoiding lane 1 and leaving it for lorries,but because of the current trend of poor lane-discipline,3 and 4 lane roads don’t work anymore. You just get people in all the lanes doing different variations of between 50 and 60. Quite often the quickest way to go is lane 1 because there’s no one in it,the opposite of how it used to be

You’re right about lane 1 often being the quickest… especially when traffic joins a congested motorway, watch
nearly EVERYONE make beeline for the outside lanes to let people join…

I don’t, I just back off a little and create a decent gap to let a good few vehicles join then the inside lane takes
off and the two outside lanes are jammed bumper to bumper going nowhere! :laughing:

Here’s the mindset of a typical middle lane hogger, and the reason our motorways are knackered!!

telegraph.co.uk/motoring/116 … ogger.html

Plenty of comments telling her what an idiot she is too! Lol :laughing: