HGV Drivers and their Gardens

Many HGV Drivers are also keen gardeners. I,ve been a keen gardener since the days of “dig for victory” during the last war.I thought that to talk about gardening on TNUK, would give a bit of a change from WTD,s.POA,s, Vosa, Hato, :unamused: :unamused: and all those other PITA things that stop the HGV Diver of today from getting on with the job.Don,t forget a change is as good as a rest. :laughing: :laughing:
My favourite garden job, is Grass-cutting. I have done a lot of it in my time. I used to do it for some of my mates, when they were away for weeks on end over the water.They were always happy when they came back and found the grass nicely trimmed, and the missus looking happy. :wink: :wink: In fact they used to do it for me, when I was away for weeks on end.Which was good of them. :question: :question:
To start the ball rolling, I am attaching a very interesting picture of some of my grass. I am sure that it will go down a storm, and get all you other gardening truckers green with envy. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Talking of grass…

My lawn was crap last year, kids, dogs etc… Threw a load of seed over it and decided to give green thumb a try, they come out, use weedkiller, fertilizer, scarify it etc, lawn looks fantastic now.

Just built 2 new decking areas, one for the Hot tub and a nice new dining area, seeing as we moved in last year its an uphill struggle to get things looking good, slowly but surely Im winning, just trying to get permission for the garden railway now :wink: :wink:

Rolawn thats the best grass
i like it so much i grow it on the steps of my 760 BHP Leyland super truck

my garden consists of mono block , slabs and decking… :sunglasses: and me garden shed with the kids bikes and all the other junk in there …

cant be bothered with all the hard work … so low maintence for me …

mines always tidy etc , the gardeners come every 2 weeks and just do everything so when i get home from a week away i can sit outside (if nice weather) and enjoy a beer or 2. good value for money cos it only costs about an hours pay for them :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I bought a terrace house with a yard for a reason, to keep me motorbike in :smiley: :smiley:

I have’nt a garden, living as I do in an upstairs flat, but have recently taken on an allotment which I’m enjoying at the moment. I lifted my first 2 roots of early spuds yesterday and they realy taste nice. The downside is the twitch and bindweed and the chore of having to water in this dry weather.

Ive always wanted a garden pond, and when we move to Yorkshire I think I’ll build one :sunglasses:

My garden is a fair size but I’m not that keen on gardening, the mrs used to do it until she had cancer (now doing chemotherapy). I promised to take care of it, I borrowed 2 goats and it looks great now :unamused: , she is not impressed :frowning:

Tiger.

I love gardening.
It’s not a big garden, and half of it is block paved as a driveway (our houses are back to front).
Last week I lifted the first potatoes, cut a lettuce, as well as spring onions and radish. Next week I’ll be able to pick broad beans and peas. It’s a good job there’s loads of room in the freezer, cos I think I’m going to need it.
There’s flowers on the runner beans, and the tomatoes are getting bigger every day. The buttersquash, courtesy of the BBC, are coming on a treat.
A lot of my stuff is grown in pots and tubs, along with a couple of raised beds, but it works for me.

Lots of flowers too, you can never have too much colour.

It’s a great feeling to come home and see more flowers or fruit appeared, which to some people may seem a little sad, but as the rest of the time I feel undervalued and unappreciated, the sense of achievement I get from my garden is phenomenal.
It’s excellent therapy for stress and depression.

I give up. Is it two polar bears playing football in that pic? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve got no interest in gardening really, although i don’t mind mowing the lawn. My dad however loves it. When he came back from a trip he’d always be straight out the back digging or seeing to his beans.

DaiDap:
I give up. Is it two polar bears playing football in that pic? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve got no interest in gardening really, although i don’t mind mowing the lawn. My dad however loves it. When he came back from a trip he’d always be straight out the back digging or seeing to his beans.

Naaah! Brown bears I reckon!

I do a bit of gardening in work. We carry a lot of grass seed, and it has been known to leak in the trailer. At this time of year the lawn at the back of the trailer could do with cutting :laughing: :laughing:

It is amazing on Trucknet that you can find a subject about anything, so I need the horticultural skills to identify this.

It is maroon, hangs on trees and has green leaves. A google search led me to Surfleet Sour or Red Devils but the pictures show they could be Niedzwetzkyana from Kazakstan. Why would I have Eastern European apples in a Derby garden? :stuck_out_tongue:

The flesh is a dark pink/pale red and they are very very sour. The pictures do not show how red these apples are, but the pattern is the same on them all that are now languishing in a very hot oven awaiting the smoke alarm to tell her they are done.

I love my garden, it’s my haven of peace with a large pond and the sound of running water. :smiley:

I also have 2 cats ( was 3 but we lost one) and have adopted another one from down the road but also encourage birds in the garden. Every weekend when we’re home again after both having a week away, the challenge is to put the peanut feeder in the tree where the squirrels can’t get it. :confused: but they always do :smiley:

I love the cottage garden which is wild and colourful, and the arbour which is getting covered in Jasmine and is so quit and shady and at the top of the garden, gives anothr view we wouldn’t otherwise see.

This is why I like the back roads in the lorry so I can look at other peoples gardens!

Pat

Cant be doing with gardening mesef but the missus loves her alotment and I love eatin the food off it so its a good partnership really :smiley: