HGV Driver Training Centre?

Hi guys. Been made redundant and, despite the obvious low morale in the industry, I’m thinking of training to get my cat C. Has anyone heard of the HGV Driver Training Centre? Any thoughts?. Many thanks. Podraigh

hgvtrainingcentre.co.uk/

over 37 locations UK wide

That means that they farm you out to one of those 37 locations = BROKER ALERT !!

As a trainer won’t be professional for me to comment but don’t pay any money until you’ve visited a trainer and seen the trucks yourself.

Paul

podraigh:
Hi guys. Been made redundant and, despite the obvious low morale in the industry, I’m thinking of training to get my cat C. Has anyone heard of the HGV Driver Training Centre? Any thoughts?. Many thanks. Podraigh

What low morale, you’ll always get plenty of moaners on internet forums etc but the best thing to do is ignore them and make your own decisions. I’m in my second week of driving cat C after 16 years stuck in a factory and have to wonder why I didn’t do it before, so if it’s what you want do your research on decent trainers without using brokers and go for it. There is lots of good info on here.

As ROG said the HGV Training Centre are brokers and should be avoided, brokers take your money and fix you up with a training company of their choice, you’ll save a lot of money and get a better deal if you go direct to a HGV training company.

If you tell us your approximate location someone may be able to recommend a good training company in your area.

OK guys. Many thanks. I asked if they were brokers and they side-stepped the issue. All very good advice. Thanks!

If in doubt, just say you’d like to call round and see the vehicles/facilities.

They haven’t got any so the answer will be worth hearing!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Good idea Pete, I will. Tochograph - I’m in north London - in case anyone wants to make a recommendation?
Thanks

Sorry, Tachograph

podraigh:
… I’m in north London - in case anyone wants to make a recommendation?
Thanks

Check out the link in my signature below

Very helpful. Thanks Rog!

Hi mate.

Life got in the way of my training, but I’m in Sarf London and looked at these guys: wallaceschool.co.uk/

Think they’ve got a base in Enfield and Wembly.

They look pretty legit on the accreditation / own trucks kind of thing and were helpful when I phoned them up. I just got interrupted before I actually booked the training, I’ll be back ringing them up soon (a month or so from now, with any luck!).