HGV driver needs help about HGV Trade plate drivers

I am a class one driver but , i have nine years experience on class 1 and 2 but i left the industry in 2006 ,but now i want to come back in to the industry again and drive,i am coming up against a brick wall some of the agencies did not even want to know, i have done a refresher,and am booked in for CPC training,i applied for a Job with a company who deliver HGV’s on trade plates called VALNA (vehicle services uk .com) they look ok but does anyone know anything about this company? they are in Portsmouth.
Also i applied to one called Traders seemed ok but heard nothing back and one called Drive Direct both in Manchester again heard nothing.
I know to avoid uniloads and the new name for them, does anyone know what kind of wage you get for HGV trade plate driving.
And can anyone help with how the hell i can get back in to driving again it is what i have mainly done in my working life and have good experience of,but now being made to feel as if i passed my test this morning,and just do not know what the hell i am going to do.

Checkout Allstar limousines Knottingley im led to believe there involved somehow with trade plate work for Ryder trucks.

I’ve no idea about your area, but as we get closer to Christmas the agencies in some areas will be taking on drivers who recently they wouldn’t give the time of day to.

Keep trying different agencies and companies, it’s only a matter of time before you find yourself in the right place at the right time.

Good luck :wink:

PM sent mate

You can always use good old yellow pages, or internet equivalent and talk to companies direct, that way even if they don’t have any work they sometimes know of other leads that are worth pursuing. Its sometimes worth getting an application form sent out, so that you’re first in the queue if a job does come up.

Good luck old boy.