HGV driver looking for support

Hi all,
Just to confirm I am also a driver, I drive both PCV & HGV, I am asking for your help and support, Ideally I would like each member donate / support just £1 to help diabetes UK, the reason I have chosen this charity is that my baby daughter (2 years old in June) was diagnosed in January 2016 with type 1 diabetes, we was told that if it was left for another two our it probably would have been a different outcome! It has been a very difficult time for our family, having to deal with diabetes with a baby.

If you can spare it for a fellow driver, please donate just £1
If I can ever help you out in return, please just ask. If you don’t mind could you please share this post in order to try and get more support.

I will be taking part in a charity event by Diabetes UK, 10 mile walk over 13 bridges in London / Oct 2016, we have chosen this event so our children can also take part, Please show solidarity for a fellow driver.

Thank you from bottom of my heart for taking time to read this, I hope you will make a small donation and share the post.

Chris

Afternoon all

Anyone willing to help a fellow driver?

Hi Chris.

My sympathy for you on your daughters condition.
As someone who has had type 1 for 17yrs now I know how much she has ahead of her, and yourselfs for that matter.
It’s not easy and many people that don’t have it tell me it’s a manageable condition. It’s a condition you try too manage but can mostly struggle with, it’s a daily fight trying too get it right. Getting it right one day then the exact same type of day the next it can all go wrong with no apparent cause. Lifestyles can dictate your success on blood glucose levels.
But it can be done to a certain extent. Your diabetic nursing team will help so use them too the full extent. I do, visiting monthly for help or just pump clinic updates.
For me it certainly was a life changer.
I’m still learning after all this time, you never stop.

Is she on pen injections or a pump? Children are more tended too get a pump nowadays. You personally can have more control on her insulin levels.
Medical advances are huge in this area so more help is arriving sooner than we think.

Fair play on your charity endeavours.

Ali.