HGV driver for greggs bakery

Found this guys they are recruiting gives you working life scenarios ! Let me know if you pass it or not ! Its uber pants…

greggsfamily.co.uk/apply/vie … x?id=25715

I’ve just done it - - and apparently they look forward to receiving my application!! They’ll have a long wait.

Seriously, this type of thing is becoming more normal and this is the importance of thorough training. I totally agree with it and it will, in time, raise the standards.

Cream cake anyone??

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

They are right i totaly agree ! Hopefuly i get an interview now :slight_smile:

I just applied for the 2 positions in edinburgh £11 a hour for class 2 :wink: dont think i will have much chance tho as no experiance :neutral_face:

Greggs of Gosforth have alway been know as an employer that does inhouse training & promotes within the company likes to look after its staff & keep them

There are much worse people to work for

Not applied as this is for Edinburgh although could relocate ( son lives there ) & I do have the Food Hygiene certificate & a manual handling certificate

I Passed!!!

stagedriver:
I Passed!!!

:grimacing:

Yeh same here matey let me know how you get on ?

Its not so difficult test.all big companies do that kind of things to get more suitable personalties for company.I will apply too its close to my home and £11 per hour for permanent job. :smiley:

IM not going for an interview :frowning: Maybe they dont like hands on people who can can change their own bulbs :unamused: :grimacing:

This thread has made me think of an idea. Why not have a special thread on the board where members can place their personal details and employers could look for drivers. You wouldn’t need to leave your address or tel number as employers could PM or email you.

When members are not available they could simply edit their own post stating they are not available at that time.

Perhaps a data entry form could be devised so that all the mini CV’s (for lack of a better word) would be easier to read and compare.

Important info could be location, age, driving experience (cars and LGV) penalty points, other relevant qualifications etc.

All that is needed then is for employers to be made aware of the thread. Perhaps a small mention in commercial motor by way of a press release or similar could help.

This is only the start of this idea so there are many details to consider yet.

Any views on this idea !

I have just started to fill in this typical

’ box ticking no thought behind it never mind about the real characteristics of the person who might be applying for a job but just ask childish questions 'cos I aint got no education and dont need any ‘cos i is a Human Resources (personell in the real world) type of person’

designed form.

It is a pile of ■■■■.

I didnt get past the ‘Do you have 2 references?’ question.
No I dont cos I have been self employed since 1982 and I dont see why you need to have proof that I actually exist. I think therefore I am. Unlike the form creators who dont think therefore they are not.

Its ■■■■ like this that is throttling this country, turning everybody into sheep, following the herd.
If somebod has developed a FORM, then they MUST be clever and I MUST fill it in thus lowering my intellect to below theirs in order to get the job. If I actually show that my intellect is greater than theirs, then I wont get the job because I would very soon rise above them and sack them.

Thats why nobody can get a job start in this country. Totally inadequate middle management and a lack of proper education since about 1970 - the heyday of the left wing do-gooder liberalists.

Anyway, who else has managed to be asked for a cv after having spent 30 minutes giving Greggs all of the details they could ever need to select the right candidate?

I hope their pasties are produced with more care than their application forms!

Cheers,
LandyLad

LGVTrainer:
This thread has made me think of an idea. Why not have a special thread on the board where members can place their personal details and employers could look for drivers.

I think that sort of thing would be in breach of the data protection act :unamused: :unamused:

It also sounds like a place where agencies can go to get free confirmed information to add to their listings to sell to employers as if it were their own staff.

I have applied for work in the past on some of the recruitment websites and soon get call backs asking me to come in and register with them, promising working available now until they find out I’ve only had my licence x months then they aren’t interested or want me to take a lower rate to make up for my inexperience (ie £10ph drop to £6ph).

Eitherway, I think your idea is a bad unthought out one and you should rethink your priorities when posting such information…

Should have gone to spec savers

viewforum.php?f=22

Well i passed and applied.

But got an email from them this morning saying thanks but no thanks as they had received a vast amount of apploications and there were some that closer matched there requirementor some crap along those lines

:smiley: I failed, do you think changing the bulb myself was the wrong answer? :smiley: :smiley:

I got me a wee cheeky interview.

dodester:
I just applied for the 2 positions in edinburgh £11 a hour for class 2 :wink: dont think i will have much chance tho as no experiance :neutral_face:

Isn’t it £11000 per year ?

dodester:

Have you heard anything yet mate. As I said above I got the usual thanks but no thanks reply

Next stager applicants will be narrowed down w/c 16th.