HGV driver arrested for drink driving

Why would anyone even think about doing this?

yorkpress.co.uk/news/1504218 … llegation/

madmackem:
Why would anyone think about doing this?

HGV_driver_arrested_on_drunk_driving_allegation

this might help = yorkpress.co.uk/news/1504218 … n/?ref=arc

Phone issues ROG. Edited post . Cheers

To answer the op’s Question no I wouldn’t ever think about doing it but I’d say the driver has a few issues that need sorting. I might on occasions have a bottle of beer or a small glass of wine with my food at tea time but that’s generally 10 hrs before I go to work.

9 hours off = 1 small bottle of weak French beer to wash the day away.

11 hours off = 2-3 bottles of weak French beer, bit tiddly by then due to a low tolerance for beer.

45 hours off = At least 1 bottle of vodka. High tolerance for vodka.

Some days I just have a cup of tea and a tug. Well most days tbf.

Dipper_Dave:

11 hours off = 2-3 bottles of weak French beer, bit tiddly by then due to a low tolerance for beer.

I call health and safety alert on the last one, clearly a spill risk. I think you should consider a high viz glove on one hand so you don’t spill when you hit the vinegars…

Good tip, I tend to put me tea down when me toes start to curl.
Aka that Jesters Shoes moment.

Norfolkinclue1:

Dipper_Dave:

I call health and safety alert on the last one, clearly a spill risk. I think you should consider a high viz glove on one hand so you don’t spill when you hit the vinegars…

I would like to know if he has a licence to be pulling it… :laughing:

Grandfather rights.

[OMG that reads so wrong it must be right]

Dipper_Dave:
Grandfather rights.

[OMG that reads so wrong it must be right]

:open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: now I know why the cat in your profile pic looks the way he/she does…

My mate used to be off his head every night and drive the next day, I told him to knock it on the head a few times because he was all over the road and he didn’t so i told the manager and he left. Now works for BOC Proberbly getting ■■■■■■■■■ every night.

westermant:
My mate used to be off his head every night and drive the next day, I told him to knock it on the head a few times because he was all over the road and he didn’t so i told the manager and he left. Now works for BOC Proberbly getting [zb] every night.

He’ll soon get busted at boc, any bumps in the slightest and it’s drink and drug tests same day

westermant:
My mate used to be off his head every night and drive the next day, I told him to knock it on the head a few times because he was all over the road and he didn’t so i told the manager and he left. Now works for BOC Proberbly getting [zb] every night.

Mixed feelings on that one mate, I understand your motive potential deaths, danger to himself and everyone else and all the rest of it.
If it had been me and only if I felt the NEED to report him for his own good, I would have gone about it in a different way.
Like you I would firstly have told him to knock it on the head, but I would also have warned him man to man that I intended to report him if he did not sort himself, otherwise it is just grassing somebody up which I personally hate, and especially when you say he is (or maybe now was) your mate.

Maybe that is what you did, who knows, I don’t know you mate so I aint judging you.

I agree he should not have been drinking but it was reported by a member of the public while the lorry was travelling south on the A1,unless the cans were on the dashboard how the heck would the member of public spot the cans

truckman020:
I agree he should not have been drinking but it was reported by a member of the public while the lorry was travelling south on the A1,unless the cans were on the dashboard how the heck would the member of public spot the cans

Another truck?

Sgt Cording said the contents of the tanker were not hazardous, but “with a drink driver behind the wheel I would say at 18 tonnes it is hazardous”.

Does that mean that if the contents of the tanker were hazardous, the consequences and punishment should be worse? :confused:

There are no negative ramifications from drink-driving, so long as you are in the right job in the first place. :stuck_out_tongue:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … 0-000.html

Don’t worry lads, its not just us. I gave up after two Google pages. :stuck_out_tongue:

A serving police constable has been charged with drink driving following an incident in Catfield, near Stalham.
greatyarmouthmercury.co.uk/n … _1_4809705

A Surrey-based policeman who had been pictured for an anti-drinking campaign has had his licence revoked after he was found to be driving under the influence.
mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/po … wn-9011621

A detective begged his colleagues not to report him when he was caught behind the wheel nearly three times over the drink driving limit, a court heard.
telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ … iving.html

A police officer has been sacked after being caught more than twice over the legal alcohol limit by her own colleagues while she was off duty in Shropshire.
shropshirestar.com/news/emer … hropshire/

A DRUNKEN police officer was arrested for drink driving when he took a shoplifting suspect to the station to be booked, a court has heard.
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-la … e-37355354

A police officer has been sacked after admitting drink driving in Hildenborough.
kentlive.news/a-policewoman- … story.html

A Croydon police officer has been sacked for driving while three times over the alcohol limit and another conviction for dangerous driving.
croydonadvertiser.co.uk/croy … story.html

Seven serving officers at West Midlands Police have been sacked during the past five years after being caught drink-driving, it can be revealed.
expressandstar.com/news/crim … rs-sacked/

A police officer could be sacked after he was caught drink-driving on his way to report for duty at a Shetland police station.
stv.tv/news/north/303949-consta … e-station/

^^^^ Shocking, all of them.

What I find even more shocking is that some coppers have actually had the balls to arrest another copper, I always thought the police were as thick as thieves themselves. I imagine a copper arresting another has the potential to be career-changing depending on the rank of the copper he’s nickin’…

Good on them for once. God did I just say that…

Londontrucker123:
^^^^ Shocking, all of them.

What I find even more shocking is that some coppers have actually had the balls to arrest another copper, I always thought the police were as thick as thieves themselves. I imagine a copper arresting another has the potential to be career-changing depending on the rank of the copper he’s nickin’…

Good on them for once. God did I just say that…

Trust me, good officers do report and sometimes arrest corrupt or wrongly employed officers, but some slip through the net as it was cut by higher up corrupt officers… :wink: