HGV CPC whilst ill

Good afternoon everyone,

Looking for bit of advice if possible?
Diagnosed with cancer in November 23 and have been signed off during the chemo / radiotherapy treatments due to the side effects of them.
On positive note I’m responding well so hopefully will have this done and dusted and back to it later in year.
My driver Cpc is requiring 4 before September 24, I was wondering if there is any problems doing any cpc courses, obviously depending on health on the day whilst signed off?
Reason why I ask is that I’d hate to get the all clear and treatment finished to then potentially not be able to return to work as soon as due to expired cpc entitlement?
Andy

No problems in respect of DCPC, all the training provider needs from you is valid ID which shows you’re entitled to do DCPC, so either your driving licence or DQC. Being signed off work is none of their business, and not something they would be concerned about, and you can do it online these days so even if you were feeling under the weather, you’ll be in the comfort of your own home

1 Like

Thank you, I thought so, just weren’t 100% if it would be looked at badly by them or employer.
Obviously I’m just trying to ensure I can continue my livelihood once I’ve overcome this and not have another obstacle to overcome come September