HGV Class 2 Price & Questions

Hello everyone, I’m new to this forums, lucky found it and seem very useful

Note: I’m Profoundly Deaf, so don’t take too serious with my English or grammar, Im trying my best :slight_smile:

As I’ve contact most of company who do HGV training and found one who have taught Deaf person before and provide me 1 on 1 on course, (Training and CPC training etc)

This company i’m going to do my course with: hgvtraining.co.uk/

£2,395 for this course, Doesn’t seem right to me but is it normal?

What package are included for £2,395?
-The Medical Forms
-The Provisional Forms
-The online training facility for the theory test
-The theory test itself
-The practical training course
-The practical test
-The CPC online Mod 2 training
-The CPC Mod 2 test
-The CPC Mod 4 Training (one on one)
-The CPC Mod 4 Test
-The Pass Protection (2 Extra attempts)

Rip off, or just little over-priced? I do know this company is big so i know price will be a little higher but £2,400?

READ THIS - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=30889

access to over 50 training centres across the country

WHICH MEANS THEY FARM YOU OUT TO A PROPER TRAINING SCHOOL

THEY WILL PROMISE YOU ANYTHING TO GET YOUR MONEY

I AM WRITING WITH CAPSLOCKS ON BECAUSE YOU ARE HARD OF HEARING :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

WHERE IN THE UK ARE YOU?

We have trained several profoundly deaf folk - all passed no problem.

I would expect the cost to be £1900 incl extended 1:1 course, VAT, test and driver cpc.

Possibly the best value you will find for experience in this field.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
We have trained several profoundly deaf folk - all passed no problem.

I would expect the cost to be £1900 incl extended 1:1 course, VAT, test and driver cpc.

Possibly the best value you will find for experience in this field.

I thought you might pick up on this one Peter as I seem to remember you mentioned it before a long time ago

OP - PETER DOES RESIDENTIAL COURSES SO WHERE EVER YOU ARE IN THE UK IT MIGHT BE WORTH GIVING HIM A CALL :bulb:

I would be interested to know how examiners get across their instructions when faced with a deaf candidate …

I emailed them to ask Will i be doing my practical training courses in Liverpool and “The Medical Forms” Is that including medical fee?

Replied with

"You go to your local GP for the medical. He/she may charge you.
Yes we have a school in Liverpool.

Kind Regards,"

mzeros:
I emailed them to ask Will i be doing my practical training courses in Liverpool and “The Medical Forms” Is that including medical fee?

Replied with

"You go to your local GP for the medical. He/she may charge you.
Yes we have a school in Liverpool.

Kind Regards,"

Of course they do - that is their game

If you went directly to the same school you will probably find that for exactly the same money you get one training day more by going direct because that is a common broker trick …
Broker - we can get you a LGV course for £1000
School - we can get you a LGV course for £1000
Ask how many days and then you find out its 4 days with the broker but 5 days with the school

Never pay any money to anybody until you actually go and visit the school and have a face to face discussion

The other thing is how many training days do you actually need? - only taking an assessment will determine that and no broker will ever do that because that would mean revealing who they deal with and they know you will call them to get the direct price etc

I would also want to meet and have an assessment with an instructor so I knew they could train a deaf person before I paid any money

Examiners have a simple code of instructions and we use identical ones during training for obvious reasons.

If the OP would like to contact me he will get rather more than a medical form!!

Out of interest, I also trained some blokes from the Mansfield Deaf Club to ride big motorbikes. All first time pass again.

If the OP wants to stay near Liverpool, he should try John, Chevron Training, Flint. He is very good but I have no idea if he has experience in training the deaf.

Hey Pete, Were about your training base?

mzeros:

Its in his signature

ROG:

mzeros:

Its in his signature

Thought so, just making sure

I would but its too far

We have folks from all over the UK taking advantage of our free accommodation.

But, as I said earlier, to stay local, try John at Chevron.

As stated Chevron is your best option if being local is important.

Regarding the price we can provide everything you said was included plus B&B accommodation in Essex for £1549. For the price you mentioned we can include C+E training and test as well. Both courses would include unlimited retest training excl test fees.

Like others on here I have experience training deaf candidates. There is no problems with examiners and deaf candidates either.

Good luck with your training

If i could i would just go head with them but i don’t have the moeny to pay full price but i’ve been approved to train now and pay later, I plan to pay it off once i got my job as driver.

I’d say save then pay, stay clear of brokers and don’t get into debt to pay for your training. I bet there will be stupid APR. Sometimes you have to travel a bit to get the training you require at a reasonable price. Their is a good one in Stockport(manchester) which I used and found very good. Family run business of 35 years and Manchester isn’t that far from Liverpool

mzeros:
If i could i would just go head with them but i don’t have the moeny to pay full price but i’ve been approved to train now and pay later, I plan to pay it off once i got my job as driver.

If you already have a guaranteed permanent job after passing then fine for doing it on credit but I would explore all other types of credit options before accepting theirs

If it`s not too late, BACK AWAY FROM THIS OUTFIT!!!

They WILL short change you and you WILL regret any association with them.

Go directly to a training school, cos these cowboys are nothing more than middlemen brokers who cost you dearly.

Yes, I am speaking from bitter experience. Cut your losses and get away from these berks while you can. SERIOUSLY. :imp:

Please please please take note of all of these posts they all say stay away from the brokers , we are not saying this to be awkward or anything like that , a lot of people on here have experience of brokers , myself included , believe me if I had found this forum before booking my training I would have saved myself a lot of heartache , these brokers are scum and will rip you off , you are going to spend a lot of money getting your licences and need to know you will get what you pay for , when they next call you just tell them not to call anymore you have decided not to go ahead with them then just do a little leg work and visit the training companies themselves , meet the trainers see the lorries they use , would you buy a car without seeing it or test driving it first , you came on here for advice and we are giving it please dont use the brokers :imp: