Hgv class 1 work advice Worcestershire

Just passed my class 1 test and looking for advice. Tried the agency route but as I have 2 young kids and a mortgage I can’t survive on 2 day s work. All jobs I apply for email or hang up on me when I say I have not got 2 years experience. Anyone advice out the for 35yr old trucker

You and me both pal!

Have you tried AIM at Evesham?

I know it’s gonna cost in petrol - but face to face is best. Go round to as many firms as you can and be prepared to start there and then.

What about rst or marshalls in evesham as well?

Hi Jerry!

Congrats on getting your C+E licence. :sunglasses:

Up until moving to Cornwall just over 12 months ago, I too was living in Worcestershire and I managed to secure full-time employment having only passed my C+E test a few weeks before, so don’t give up mate. Unfortunately, I was made redundant a few months later, but that’s just one of those things. As others have said, it’s really best to try and call in to as many firms as you can in person, and be prepared to not only do Cat C work but also start straight away if needed. See the TM if you can and leave him with a photo copy of your licence with our phone number on it. I am a really big believer in being in the right place at the right time, so knock on as many doors as you can! There are lots of firms around the black country area that shouldn’t be too far away for you.

All the best of luck.

PS. Who did you train with and where was your test done?

Theres also IDS aswell!

I passed my test in Gloucester with Paul Williams training but was tempted by easy HGV but had lucky escape. I send me CV to all of them thanks for the advice everyone :smiley:

Steve Walker in Redditch. Or Downton in Gloucester.

There are probably others. But both gave me a shot with little CE experience.

jerrythehorse:
I passed my test in Gloucester with Paul Williams training but was tempted by easy HGV but had lucky escape. I send me CV to all of them thanks for the advice everyone :smiley:

Ah, yes. That was a lucky escape indeed mate. Nice one! :sunglasses: