HGV best pay?

hello folks
I can see its a drivers market
How much can a class 1 earn per hour now?
and would you have any recommadations for a good paying company to work for?
brand new to this so go easy please :slight_smile:

DublinGeorge:
hello folks
I can see its a drivers market
How much can a class 1 earn per hour now?
and would you have any recommadations for a good paying company to work for?
brand new to this so go easy

It’s only a drivers market for the experienced.

Depends where in the country you are. It’s hard to give an idea of pay or recommend companies without knowing where you are and what kind of work you like. There’s a vast range of different types of work available, fridge work is not the same as tankers is not the same as box trailers is on not the same as flat beds is not the same as containers is not the same as tippers is not the same as curtainsiders. And even within each group milk tankers aren’t the same as bulk powder tankers, fridge work is not the same as parcel networks, timber is not the same as steel, tippers on waste is different to tippers on aggregates. Local multidrop is not the same as trunking, tramping is not the same as either, store deliveries aren’t the same as delivering to factories and those aren’t the same as delivering to supermarket distribution centres. My advice if you’re new and not sure is to sign up with a couple of agencies and take everything they offer you until you do find out what you like and don’t like and then look for permanent jobs doing that.

As a new driver with no experience I’d be concentrating more on getting your first 6 months experience under your belt than trying to chase the money and sitting at home as the good paying jobs pretty much want experience unless it’s something where you’ll be used for the Xmas rush then dumped in January.

Wages vary enormously depending on geographical location. From your user name I’d assume you are based in ROI?