Hgv age limit dropped

just geard it and been confirmed that since the driver cpc age limit dropped from 21 to o 17 for hgv

I don’t think this is a step in the right direction as young drivers under 21 and 25 are vulnerable on cars never mind LGV’s.

Also, this will reduce the number of LGV jobs available in the future in my opinion. Although I do believe this industry we will require more HGV drivers in the future with the online boom set to treble next few years.

The age for LGV’'s is now 18yrs and over, but they must pass the two extra tests which came in on 10th September, which are the Driver CPC Theory Test case, and the Driver CPC Practical Test.

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome SPS2378 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .
. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome Braveheart2009 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .
All the LGV TRAINING TIPS, including the Recommended LGV training schools that have been recommended by members, can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
The link includes THE INITIAL DRIVER CPC which starts on 10 Sept 2009.

THE DRIVER SHORTAGE IS AN ADVERTISING MYTH - Generally more drivers than jobs in the UK
However, many newbies on this site have recently secured permanent full time employment :smiley:

Forum with some useful stuff and Forum for questions on drivers hours

fallingbostel:
The age for LGV’'s is now 18yrs and over, but they must pass the two extra tests which came in on 10th September, which are the Driver CPC Theory Test case, and the Driver CPC Practical Test.

Module 1a theory questions - multiple choice - LGV THEORY BOOK
Module 1b HPT - HPT DVD
Module 2 Initial driver cpc theory - senario questions - multiple choice INITIAL DRIVER CPC BOOK
Module 3 practicle drive - Training for this by LGV school.
Module 4 Initial driver cpc - practical on site (no driving) - Training for this by LGV school.

Both 1a & 1b must be passed before taking 3
2 must be passed before taking 4

1a, 1b & 2 done at theory test centre - BOOK YOUR OWN THEORY TESTS
3 & 4 done at LGV driving test centre

Modules 2 & 4 not needed if got C1 on licence

Modules 1a, 1b & 3 to get the LGV LICENCE
Modules 2 & 4 to be allowed to be paid to drive LGVs

You do not have to do all the modules with the same training provider.
You may find that it is cheaper to shop around for the best deal for each module