hgv 1 license

hi guys an gals,
im thinking of returning to england next year maybe,possibly the year after…i feel ive been in canada long enough,
i hold what was called an hgv class 1, still valid i think ( i’ll have to check on that)
its the one before you had to have your picture on it… big paper thing,
if i return, how do i stand with it,will it still be ok,i understand i’ll have to get it updated or something…
i’ve tried contacting DVLA,emails ect. but no help there, unless im willing to phone them,and the time difference makes that difficult…
any help or ideas would be appreciated…
many thanks …

lespaul1765:
hi guys an gals,
im thinking of returning to england next year maybe,possibly the year after…i feel ive been in canada long enough,
i hold what was called an hgv class 1, still valid i think ( i’ll have to check on that)
its the one before you had to have your picture on it… big paper thing,
if i return, how do i stand with it,will it still be ok,i understand i’ll have to get it updated or something…
i’ve tried contacting DVLA,emails ect. but no help there, unless im willing to phone them,and the time difference makes that difficult…
any help or ideas would be appreciated…
many thanks …

If you still have your original UK HGV 1 or C + E and you have not missed your 1st medical @ 45 years of age it will still be ok .

wow, thanks for the fast reply, im turning 43 this year, im guessing the medical would have to be done in england, or could i reteurn with one done in canada at 45?
how would that work??
thanks again…

are you from the uk and want to move back here from canada :question: :question: :question:

can i ask why would you want to do that :question: :question: :question:

yes i am from the uk, poole to be precise…
ive lived here for a little over 9 years now…things didnt go exactly the way i planned…
ended up getting divorced while here, x wife and kid moved to west coast…
been single ever since…i know it sounds like a sob story,i dont mean it to…
its not all its cracked up to be over here, plus i miss home lots…

lespaul1765:
yes i am from the uk, poole to be precise…
ive lived here for a little over 9 years now…things didnt go exactly the way i planned…
ended up getting divorced while here, x wife and kid moved to west coast…
been single ever since…i know it sounds like a sob story,i dont mean it to…
its not all its cracked up to be over here, plus i miss home lots…

fair enough i wish you the best of luck. :wink: