hgv 1 expired

hi all,

I have not driven trucks for 10 years and let my hgv 1expire 8 years ago, Now the question is do I just sit a medical and re apply to dvla to get it back or do I have to jump through hoops of some sort?

Thanks in advance,

RG

Medical, DCPC, and fill in the forms send all off to DVLA

Just the D4 medical to get it back again - pay more than £60 and you have been ripped off
IDEA - if you do not already have cat D provisional then get D2 form and tick D so that the medical will then cover you for that if you ever need it in the future - no extra cost for doing that

You have DCPC rights until 09/09/2014 but will need to complete 35 hours of periodic dcpc before that date to continue driving LGVs commercially after that date

The EU tacho regs changed in 2007 so make sure you read the current ones

V8MBO:
hi all,

I have not driven trucks for 10 years and let my hgv 1expire 8 years ago, Now the question is do I just sit a medical and re apply to dvla to get it back or do I have to jump through hoops of some sort?

Thanks in advance,

RG

As already said, yes!!!
Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. Phone DVLA and they will confirm.

V8MBO:
hi all,

Thanks in advance,

RG

As others have said you just need the medical, though you will need to do 35 hours of DCPC training by September 2014 if you want to drive commercially.

I let my HGV entitlement slip for much longer than 8 years and had no problem getting it back, no hoops or obstacles I just sent in the medical form ec’t and received a new licence with the HGV entitlement restored.

For the medical you’ll generally find your GP will charge over the odds, check the Cheap Medicals - Nationwide thread for a cheaper option.