HGV 1 day job in Chelmsford going

They will be looking at my place for a hgv 1 day driver, its at @ DBC foodservice in Chelmsford. Day driver packed up last week due to personal probs, job is fairly easy. every morning its a 5am tip in Beckton first, its a quick tip, they are waiting for you, .

Mon-5am Beckton, round to Fords @ Dunton drop off few pallets, then either up to Newmarket depot to reload for Aylesford, kent or load @ chelmsford if it comes down overnight on my trunk. finished by 4.30pm

Tues / weds -5am Beckton, up to newmarket or Chelmsford load for Aylesford, probally drop down M11 and do a drop in Bromley by bow, pop through Tunnel to Kent. Finished by 4.30pm

Thurs -5am Beckton, Greenford Collection back to bromley by bow. Finished by 12/1pm

Fri - 5am Beckton + 3 collections in Park Royal, bromley by Bow. finished by 1/2pm

Truck is an 09 Axor & Fridge trailer although on days you only collect frozen on Fridays,truck runs 24/7.
i take the night trunk out at 5pm, so it has to be back to reload by 4pm ish!!.
They need someone close to Chelmsford as it will be a 4am start. paying £24.000, if your interested give DBC office a call on 01245 459101 & ask for Transport office. Transport manager is Stephanie Reynolds

That sounds like a doddle. I was expecting some rant about having to work for a living and put stuff in the cupboards for the customers :laughing:

Some of the “Food Service” jobs tend to take the ■■■■ a little, that is, if you can believe anything you read on these forums.

This job isnt hard, just early starts, and after a few weeks its like Groundhog day!!
I do the night trunk and thats easy too, leave Chelmsford at 5.30pm up to newmarket tip reload a few pallets round to thatcham & then back to Chelmsford for 2.30 / 3am.

Only problem on the day run is the Dartford Crossing!!!

Job is all pallets no handball!!

Governor!:
This job isnt hard, just early starts, and after a few weeks its like Groundhog day!!
I do the night trunk and thats easy too, leave Chelmsford at 5.30pm up to newmarket tip reload a few pallets round to thatcham & then back to Chelmsford for 2.30 / 3am.

Only problem on the day run is the Dartford Crossing!!!

Job is all pallets no handball!!

I worked for Dbc at the old depot in Hutton 96-2001 on the 4 wheelers City and West-End 25-30 drops a day !! was hard work but ok once you knew your way round London. Then got the Fords contract doing all the Dagenham sites plus Dunton Aveley etc which was really good .Unfortunately they employed a new depot manager who had no manners and didn’t know how to talk to people so thats was me gone , shame really some good drivers on there many who had been there years.

I did 9 months at Chelmsford in 2005, best experience ever but I job I was glad to leave.

I covered all the runs as a relief driver, but mainly did the Cafe Nero’s round London. 20-25 coffee shops a day with an 18 tonner. This job sounds like a whole lot less aggro but still a long old day.

Hi Rob, still some of the old Brentwood staff @ Chelmsford, job has changed for the four wheeler guys, more cafe nero, prezzo’s Etc.

8wheels- Job is around 12 hours for mon /tues / weds, Thurs/ fri almost half days, but you get some kipping time while waiting at Aylesford, especially if you get there before midday as they will tip you around 1.45pm

hmmmm wonder how they would feel if i applied :laughing: i walked from there on a cold monday morning before even putting the keys in the wagon the ■■■■ takers couldnt stand phil the uselesss ■■■■ badger or the hopalong on the gate power hungry ■■■■ ginger scot was alright so was the panic pants ex ambulance driver ,im 5 mins from depot with class 1 :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Governor!:
Hi Rob, still some of the old Brentwood staff @ Chelmsford, job has changed for the four wheeler guys, more cafe nero, prezzo’s Etc.

8wheels- Job is around 12 hours for mon /tues / weds, Thurs/ fri almost half days, but you get some kipping time while waiting at Aylesford, especially if you get there before midday as they will tip you around 1.45pm

I’ll stay put thanks. :laughing:

I didn’t like the pay structure either paid for doing 48 odd hours, some drivers would work it so they did the job in much less whilst others would work thir ■■■■■■■■ off and do about 50. Then once they’d deducted the breaks and added the overtime bonus of about 30p on the hourly rate you’d earned about 7quid more than the next bloke.

Guvnor
In my spell there we were doing all the Aberdeen steak houses,all the london prisons (strange having lags helping you unload) and hospitals plus a lot of London Borough School contracts which was ok if the kitchens were on the deck but alot of the older schools had their’s on the 2nd/3rd floor !! . Always was lots of stairs and Barrow work but I think nowadays more cages and a lot less drops . Not sure if Alan Mays Alan Jackson still ■■ but heard that Mr Cunningham was still there which must a lot of people off working there.