Hey Big Jon

Did you enjoy the snow at the weekend?

I woke up in Red Deer Saturday morning & thought my eyes had glazed over, my windscreen was white & I had 3" of snow on my hood :open_mouth: I loaded in Joffre & headed south to Calgary & hit TC1, never got out of the snow until a few Ks into SK, I know you run down to calgary in the big truck at the weekends, I kept my eye out for you but didn’t see you :wink:

newmercman:
I know you run down to calgary in the big truck at the weekends, I kept my eye out for you but didn’t see you :wink:

I dont do weekends anymore :slight_smile: Im on Monday to Friday nights. Been driving the ‘big truck’ all last week and tonight as the regular driver is on vacation. Im currently driving a rigid on my regular run, but am now trying to get back onto days, doing P&D in the city again, 4 months of Edmonton <> Calgary has bored the crap out of me lol.

As for the snow, didnt really bother me :smiley: the wife loved it though. The winter storm we had last month was a bad one, almost went in the ditch on one occassion. Saw plenty of others in the ditch, and one guy doing 120 past me when jacknifed as he was trying to pull back into my lane infront of me :laughing: . he managed to recover before he ditched, and only did it again a few hundred metres down the road… Saw him in the ditch a few kms further north.

Quick Update:

Tonight is my last shift on nights for the forseeable future. Will be on City P&D work from tommorow morning.

BigJon:
As for the snow, didnt really bother me :smiley: the wife loved it though. The winter storm we had last month was a bad one, almost went in the ditch on one occassion. Saw plenty of others in the ditch, and one guy doing 120 past me when jacknifed as he was trying to pull back into my lane infront of me :laughing: . he managed to recover before he ditched, and only did it again a few hundred metres down the road… Saw him in the ditch a few kms further north.

As BTD will tell you, it’s not a matter of ‘if’ you end up in the ditch, but ‘when’ :laughing:

Isn’t it funny how a single winter changes your perspective of driving in the snow? I’d had a decent amount of experience of driving in it during my euro adventures, but was still a little, well not quite scared, but wary of it, now I just leave a bit more space around me, other than that I carry on at the usual pace, in fact the only thing I don’t like about it is that I like to run quite late into the night, then the snow can be a real PITA, when it comes down heavily it is as bad as driving in fog & I hate not being able to see what I’m going to crash into :laughing: