Hermes

I have been a bit surprised that there hasn’t been any kind of conflict over using the name Hermes, when there is a fashion brand already using using the trading name.
Certainly one of the previous incarnations of Hermes (Direct Line) had the same problem with an insurance company.

I have two courier accounts, one is My Hermes and the other is Collect+

Both work well with ebay and use other carriers but my local man has a small lock up in Burton and he collects our stuff himself or with his trading partner. I can ring him at 6pm and still have stuff delivered the next day if it goes into the Peterborough hub. We have sent a lot of stuff to Coventry speedway and to Dorset, both are good services although My Hermes are cheaper for heavier stuff. 10-15kg.

DPD cannot find my house and Yodel have lost two parcels from America from the same supplier recently.

My Hermes are starting a German service later this year and they will knock DHL into a cocked hat.

peirre:
On a slightly different note. Can anyone recommend a parcel service UK > Portugal (Lisbon) with a weight > 10kg

I’ve used Parcel2Go to send several parcels to Switzerland. It usually ends up going with Parcelforce as for some reason it’s cheaper through their website than direct with Parcelforce! Never had any problems.

Hermes forged my name on the pod and stole an entire exhaust system for my Landrover.
According to them I signed for it on such and such date date at such and such time.
Had them bang to rights as tacho and Isotrak had me at Crick at the very time I was supposed to have signed for my stuff :open_mouth:
Thieving barstewards, I knew they nicked it cos I sign for stuff with my nickname and the name on the pod was ‘pete’.
Got a refund from paypal as hermes denied the theft, c u next tuesdays :imp:

peirre:
On a slightly different note. Can anyone recommend a parcel service UK > Portugal (Lisbon) with a weight > 10kg

parcelforce was cheapest for me : UK to LISBON 2KG MAY 2012 collected for free