hermes warrington

can anybody give me the low down on driver recruitment for hermes warrington and if drivers are treated as professionals or a number. much appreciated.

The drivers work for igloo which is an agency but the wages are better than most.
If your self employed the minimum pay is £13 per hour and more for weekend.
Also the trucks are all new.

Seeing the way and speed they pass me ( I’m doing 90 k’s ) you need to know how to use oxygen at speed

There are usually two German registered lorry and trailer outfits (proper drawbar units not Noddy cars) parked up in the layby at Hothfield on the A20 several days/evenings during the week.

If your surname has ’ ski ’ at the end you are guaranteed a job. Also if your surname has lots of the following letters; K, Y, Z.

SWERVE
■■■■■■ of a company and an absolute helmet for a TM.

On the plus side, you are in Warrington!

(see my avatar!)

Thanks for the replies folks but the question I asked has not been answered with any relevant detail.
So come on you intelligent truckers can we have another go pls ■■? :

miley1967:
Thanks for the replies folks but the question I asked has not been answered with any relevant detail.
So come on you intelligent truckers can we have another go pls ■■? :

So the fact that someone posted that drivers are all employed via an agency does not ring any bells as to whether they are valued or treated as an easily-replaced number, then?

Go find out for yourself then.You will be promised the world and you will get [zb] all.

worked at this place for a while now and it’s the pits. Job is easy and pay is good but you are just another bum to occupy a seat. Anything goes wrong and its your fault. Your dropped at a moments notice and most of the time you cant get anyone on the phone to speak to. Without doubt the worst agency I have ever worked for. Had to threaten legal action to get my invoices paid - and then guess what …no more work.
BTW Igloo have lost the contract to Best Connection and Extra drivers - so maybe things will change. Ltd company rates are £12.50 days £13.50 nights and £15 to £16 pounds for weekends depending on start times.

While you are checking Hermes out Miley, have a look round for a new attitude too.

eagerbeaver:
While you are checking Hermes out Miley, have a look round for a new attitude too.

So I ask an honest question and the replies were grateful but with little relevant detail. I appreciate the feedback but am just trying to get a handle on the job before I make any decisions.
As for my attitude well quite frankly if you can ascertain a problem one then your a genius to have determined that with such little detail. I have been in this game now for 24 years and find it prudent to get as much honest detail as possible from fellow professionals before making any decisions. I owe it to myself and my family and the industry. After all, 24 years uk and international experience including Russia and North Africa is one hell of a cv and worthy of some recognition by my next potential employer.
I certainly am not going to be a number on someones payroll with no respect or recognition for my passion for the industry.
Thanks to all for the info.

trooper2290:
BTW Igloo have lost the contract to Best Connection and Extra drivers - so maybe things will change. Ltd company rates are £12.50 days £13.50 nights and £15 to £16 pounds for weekends depending on start times.

Thats crap for that area. Its what my agency pay for Hull.

miley1967:

eagerbeaver:

So I ask an honest question and the replies were grateful but with little relevant detail. I appreciate the feedback but am just trying to get a handle on the job before I make any decisions.
As for my attitude well quite frankly if you can ascertain a problem one then your a genius to have determined that with such little detail. I have been in this game now for 24 years and find it prudent to get as much honest detail as possible from fellow professionals before making any decisions. I owe it to myself and my family and the industry. After all, 24 years uk and international experience including Russia and North Africa is one hell of a cv and worthy of some recognition by my next potential employer.
I certainly am not going to be a number on someones payroll with no respect or recognition for my passion for the industry.
Thanks to all for the info.

A very fair point miley1967. :smiley:

eagerbeaver has a relatively shiny licence, so us older hands could now demonstrate how to bite our lip. :wink:

eagerbeaver:
Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:08 pm

When I passed my class 2(12 months ago), …

:bulb: Enough said. :wink:

you have to listen to thunder I suppose
So who is hiring around the North West at the moment my fellow seasoned professional :question:

co op depot st helens are taking on, perm weekends and hard graft

codge123:
co op depot st helens are taking on, perm weekends and hard graft

Thanks for that but supermarket work would bore me to death not to mention all the politics in those kind of set ups. And all those inexperienced men and women in the office. From my experience “ships of fools”. Tried it a few years ago and it didn’t work for me.

A globetrotting superhero like you shouldn’t be doing supermarket mate, you are quite correct.

I am impressed that you have realised I am a genius though, thanks. If you were a genius, you would have worked out after about 3 replies that the place is crap.

24 years eh? Somebody give that man a medal.

attack is not always the best form of defence

And that is why I am a professional after 24 years with another 19 to go and not using this great industry as a rat run for quick money with no passion involved. Too many Sterile vocational licence holders in the business but always remember “You cant bluff this job. You either know it or you don’t”. I rest my case :smiley: