Hermes/stobarts

Seen a few stobarts units pulling Hermes trailers recently ,are they trunking now?
Have Mark Thompsons lost the contract?

Yes.

My mate told me.

Your mate should have probably told the Thompson driver heading north on the M6 earlier today then? He still had a Hermes trailer behind him… :smiley:

And I have just come past their depot on the way back from L/pool docks.

Plenty of MT units in there.

There is a vid on you tube from last December (7/12/2014) of an eddie pulling a Hermes trailer .
So they must be trying to get the work.

I hope Mark Thompsons have lost the contract, the roads will be a lot safer without their night drivers on. It seems to be a mandatory requirement to be a complete headcase and drive like an ■■■■■■■■ to work for that company.

We’ve had Stobarts in for us as well as that Mark Thompson lot.

They provide traction for RM too this time of year, isn’t it just a matter of seasonal demand? Anybody been in Sainsbury’s DIRFT lately, dozens of Stobarts trailers used there, now that is an interesting development.

wheelnutt:
They provide traction for RM too this time of year, isn’t it just a matter of seasonal demand? Anybody been in Sainsbury’s DIRFT lately, dozens of Stobarts trailers used there, now that is an interesting development.

Well, I wouldn’t want to throw the “shortage” word in because the “experts” will be along soon to say it’s not true and then blame it on foreigners or blame it on wages blah blah…however,
I know for a fact through my job ( don’t work for them ) that Mark Thompson, as I mentioned elsewhere, are doing the depot deliveries for Travis Perkins next door to Hermes, they are doing this because Travis cannot get drivers, they are desperate and this despite the job offering a basic of 32k, no weekends, option of nights out and shifts that vary on start times but generally are not that bad as Travis Depots close to deliveries by 4.30pm. I see Travis drivers all the time in my line of work and they only really complain about the over the top health and safety. It’s an easy job with good money but still, they cannot get drivers?
My place are worried about drivers and the lowest wage at my depot is 25k basic for day work, no nights out and a 45 hour contract that is closely kept to, oh, and it’s job and knock too.
We can’t find drivers, but, as the experts on here keep saying, there is no shortage so I guess it must be something else apart from good hours, decent wage, good kit and half decent planners that must be the problem■■?

I’m nearly wetting myself over the thought of a nice clean a-b trunking job ,but knowing my luck the parcels will want delivering to some mud bath of a building site