here we go again!!

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-20888666

These youths really need a nice holiday, somewhere warm. A safari maybe. Also a new IPad and x box each. Poor wee cherubs. Its all the fault of the wagon drivers.

Makes you a bit ill thinking about it. Say the brick goes through the windscreen and knocks the driver out, cruise control right into the oncoming carriageway 6 lanes of carnage!

I mean bricks don’t just lay round walkway bridges they have been taken there which means its not a spare of the moment thing its been planned.

They will get an ASBO :unamused: its just sheer luck they haven’t killed people.

This scares the crap out of me to be honest. I can’t ever imagine seeing a brick coming flying through my screen. I always look up at bridges and I do get worried when I see kids hanging around on them.
I don’t know what goes through their tiny minds to even think this is acceptable behaviour, they need a couple of nights in a cell maybe to show them what it is like if they seriously hurt someone!

During the miner’s strike in the mid 1980s, some bloke dropped a brick/slab from a bridge aimed at a taxi driver that was taking strike breaking miners to work.
Killed the taxi driver and injured the passengers and the bloke did time. Irrelevant of your politics you can’t justify it.

is it just me or is it time they started erecting high fenceing on fly overs and walkways over motorways/duel carriageways. there seems too be too much of this happening now

Probably hoping to record the aftermath and post it on you tube.I’m certain these retards think it’s an extension of a video game. :imp: :imp:

happysack:
These youths really need a nice holiday, somewhere warm. A safari maybe. Also a new IPad and x box each. Poor wee cherubs. Its all the fault of the wagon drivers.

The trouble is this is how the towrags get treated, as you say if the lorries weren’t there they wouldn’t do it, so it must be the drivers fault for using the M25.

Given time some psychologist will explain why they do it and that it is someone else’s fault not theirs and therefore they shouldn’t be punished.

Am I being cynical? I do hope not.

Cut their ■■■■■■■ hands off so they can not pick bricks up
the thought of a brick through the screen scares me and i switch lanes if there are any youths on the bridge

scotstrucker:
is it just me or is it time they started erecting high fenceing on fly overs and walkways over motorways/duel carriageways. there seems too be too much of this happening now

Thats not dealing with the problem though…thats just presenting the yobs with another challenge!

As SHYTOT says, cut their bloody hands off! Stamp on the problem hard enough, quickly enough and long enough and the problem will go away. There’s far too much ■■■■■ footing around with any sort of crime but at the very least this is attempted murder…

i cant believe this is happening again, i were a friend of the trucker who was killed on the m3 years ago, the ford driver mick little, the bloke was caught tho DNA and got 6 months !! little ****s

I noticed something today coming down the A12 for the last oh id say 10 miles (could be wrong tho) before the M25 every overbridge has a sign by it saying see anything suspicious ring 999 and quote the bridge number ,
says something about how common it must be down that part of the world if they are putting signs up

Andydisco:
I noticed something today coming down the A12 for the last oh id say 10 miles (could be wrong tho) before the M25 every overbridge has a sign by it saying see anything suspicious ring 999 and quote the bridge number ,
says something about how common it must be down that part of the world if they are putting signs up

They have had similar signs on A14 in Suffolk for some months now, hopefully it will deter the idiots from "playing " their dangerous games.

There is no discipline anymore.A lot of parents don’t know or care where their kids are in lots of cases.It has to start at home with kids being taught right from wrong.

Perhaps there is some camera footage from the nearby K&N depot (sainsbury)?

These teenage idiots need their teeth knocked out before being sent to remand centre. They’ll know what “badge of honour popularity” looks and feels like then. with every facial stroke taken. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

I’m already in the habit of changing lanes if I see someone hanging about on top of the bridge…
Even if it’s a suicide jumper, it’s dead easy to get a CD endorsement for running over some fool who’s jumped, but only broken their leg on landing… Only to be kersplatted by a 44 tonner.

I heard this call come over the radio yesterday evening. Luckily the camera operators were quick and gave good descriptions to the Police. Apart from the dangers of the bricks being thrown at vehicles, you also then have debris in the c/way. A car also hit the bricks in the c/way and had damaged caused. It could have easily had a blow out and lost control. The parents want punishment as much as the children.

Bee chris, I believe the family of the Ford driver worked to educate youths about the dangers of throwing items off bridges. The HA, along with other Agencies, produced an educational pack but due to cutbacks it was knocked on the head. It was a very good pack. We tried to hold something in our area after a Royal Mail lorry and an Ambulance got hit by bricks one evening but was told that we don’t have a budget for these things now. The costs would have been nearly zero. :unamused:

happysack:
These youths really need a nice holiday, somewhere warm.

Syria is nice at this time of year.

I really don’t understand why this is not attempted murder. As a kid out with my dad, we had a brick destroy the radiator.

Many years ago coming back from wps Saltley , on the m54 i had a concrete slab come through the windscreen . the slab was about 3ft long ,the police found piles of concrete stacked on the bridge . it scared the zb out of me