here we go again

its that time off year again folks !

when ethel and albert get there moblie home out and pull it down the m5 at 54 mph with there vauxhall nova on the front end.
:wink

plenty of overheated motors on the hard shoulder caravans overturned wheels missing due to no maintenance. parked up for 6 months without being looked out and dragged out twice maybe three times a year.

when you buy a caravan do you get any training in how to drive with the bloody things on the back or do you pay the money ,there you go get on with it.

tin hat on and heading down the m5 today at dinner :laughing:

wish me luck :wink: :laughing:

jon

Yep the ‘Wally Trolley’ brigade were out in force in Europe this week, the Dutch have dug them out from where ever they hide them for the winter and are back to creating havoc. :smiley:

I did see my first sacrifice to the Gods of formica and plywood this week, which is kind of early in the season, so may beat last years reocrd of seeing 14 sacrifices.That included the occasion were I saw two cars that had been travelling together and both lost it going down the same hill and ended up rolling both vans, nobody injured but they did make a mess. :wink: :smiley: :sunglasses:

Well, Jonboy, I’m with you matey… I will be leaving in about an hour to fight and crash my way down to Okehampton in Devon. Its where my folks live… Decided on going through the city. :confused: . and out onto the M4 then M5… the A303 will just be Chocca with Caravans… :unamused: :unamused:

Wish me luck too… :wink: :wink:

hey andym

shout hello as you go past j21 M5 i will be at my caravan on the outskirts of weston close to m5

lol I can only imagine the uproar there’d be if the police tried to inforce the B+E licensing laws regarding caravans.

I would cheer loudly :smiley:
( :bulb: good idea that :bulb: )

How is that anyone can drive a car and caravan totally unaware of loading correctly and without any kind of training.

There are no safety checks on tyres, lights or brakes and a caravan stood under a tree in an orchard can be pulled out on the road twice a year. In most of my bike mags they suggest raising the wheels off the ground when parked up for winter or at least turning them so they dont get out of shape.

Probably wind a few caravanners up but trucknet caravan club members might check their tyres

:sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I had a collection to make in Alford Lincolnshire today so was trundling along after Lincoln in a little convoy headed by a JCB :frowning: 2 caravans and several cars. Thankfully the JCB turned off and then we got to the junction where the road splits for Skegness and Mablethorpe. Needless to say one caravan went to Skeggy and the other to Mablethorpe. :cry: Noticed quite a few caravans leaving Lincolnshire, presumably to make room for the new arrivals!

Not a good day on the roads today, from listening to the radio.

Calv

yep seen em all yesterday when i was coming back from anglesey down the A55 also a lot of boats on trailers as well

even saw one family picking up 4 mountain bikes of the outside lane which had fell of the roof rack :open_mouth:

simon

and another observation

none of them know where there going!!!

the passenger always has the map book open on there laps from door to door.most of them look at them thinking whats this for :unamused: :wink:

jon

Its not just caravans either. I’ve been working today :frowning: but I get Tuesday off instead :smiley: and there seemed to be a lot of Sunday drivers on the road today. They’ve been in the middle lane at 55/60 with lane 1 empty, braking in front of me on a light controlled roundabout with a green light ahead, and why dont Nissan Micras do more than 45 mph? (tongue firmly in cheek)

Finished now until Wednesday.

Calv

I had a load of fencing and gates for the New Forest’s Showground (■■■■■ problems) Thursday morning and you should have seen all the caravans trying to get through Lyndhurst, you would have thought they were driving artics :laughing: On the way back Lyndhurst to Cadnam the queue to get through Lyndhurst was nearly back to the Motorway. :cry:

Dave

Oh yeah, a thread I can relate to no problemo. It’s that time of the year again for sure.

I’ve had it pretty hectic all week. Been on the nursery contract all this week supplying the UK’s B & Q stores with plants through Wincantons MK and Traff Pk.

Chichester-Milton Keynes-Littlehampton-Trafford Park-Chichester-Trafford Park-Littlehampton-Milton Keynes-Chichester-Trafford Park etc. Zzzzzzzz.

Thursday was definitely the worst day. Had a late finish silly hours of Thursday morning so didn’t get going from Littlehampton on the south coast til 1pm. Going via A27/M27/A3/A34/M40/M42/M5/M6 guess what time I got to Trafford Park :question: 1.30am Friday morning :open_mouth: Took just over 9hrs driving too :open_mouth:

Even with my “cool-head” helmet fitted, I could write a book with the near-misses and general you’re-under-my-feet incidents with the let’s-go-away-for-the-weekend brigade on Thursday.

Hey-ho, got it all to look forward to again Monday eh.

I’m off sick still. Back to work on Wed’, hopefully I’ll have missed the worst, if not all of it :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m back on Sunday night (tbc) and working Monday too, both days at time 3.0 and two days off in lieu. Can’t really grumble but wouldn’t have said no to a long weekend for a change.

ive been working nights for the past fortnight and its bliss no traffic the odd idiot driver but nothing compared to days.nights rule :laughing: slap my top :smiley:

jonah your so right!!! nights are stress free arent they! (until your days off and your still awake at 0400 :laughing: :laughing: )

Think about us poor drivers that live and operate out of Cornwall!

I live on the edge of Bodmin Moor and my yard is on Goss Moor, the dreaded single lane carriageway of the A30!!!

Thursday’s trip back to the yard from Manchester was fine until I reached Cornwall… then it was the lost grockle syndrome…ahhhh :imp: :imp:

Air horns are handy though :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Ohhh, role on Summer - NOT :smiley:

cornish trucker:
Think about us poor drivers that live and operate out of Cornwall!

I live on the edge of Bodmin Moor and my yard is on Goss Moor, the dreaded single lane carriageway of the A30!!!

Thursday’s trip back to the yard from Manchester was fine until I reached Cornwall… then it was the lost grockle syndrome…ahhhh :imp: :imp:

Air horns are handy though :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Ohhh, role on Summer - NOT :smiley:

Its not only Cornwall!!! my regular run is the A170 & A171 in the North Yorkshire Moors, all single lanes full of Sunday drivers! I am gonna ask my boss for danger money! :open_mouth:

CANNONBALL:
hey andym

shout hello as you go past j21 M5 i will be at my caravan on the outskirts of weston close to m5

Don’t tell me precisely where, or I may sabotage it… :smiling_imp: