Here we go again.Nimbies

Residents and councilors in Norton St Philip near Bath have said Lgv’s destroy local life as stated in the Frome Standard.
They are devising a plan to drive lorries out of their village.
600 concerned residents signed a petition to ban lorries as they said excessive speed was a concern and lorries are destroying their village.
They want the road to be made harder for lorries to negotiate.
They want their peace and tranquilty back.
They want the village returned to it’s medieval peace.

Your comments please to editor@fromestandard.co.uk
Or phone 01749 832325 Bede Macgowan.

They want the road to be made harder for lorries to negotiate.hmmm be good when the firebrigade get a call
They want the village returned to it’s medieval peace. ok send all there deliverys in on a horse and cart then

Latique:
They want the road to be made harder for lorries to negotiate.hmmm be good when the firebrigade get a call
They want the village returned to it’s medieval peace. ok send all there deliverys in on a horse and cart then

I think most medieval deliverys we’re by Hand cart not horse… if that’s what they want I think drivers should petition for a total ban on all motorized traffic :wink:

It is impossible to speed through this village.
They all park their cars in a long line.
It is a rat run for commuters.
It is 7.5 ton weight limit but not at the staggered junction that artics use to short cut to Radstock.
A mysterious fire destroyed a poultry plant years ago …

What a load of ■■■■, that is all.

I’m on the “give 'em what they want” side of the fence. Stop all commercial traffic at all times. They’d soon have no shops, no buses, Taxi’s or anything else that make life easier. If this happened in just one of these luvverly medieval, tranquil villages, the rest of the ■■■■■ might get the message too.

Their shops could be restocked by nothing bigger than a Transit van, but they wouldn’t like the congestion caused by that, or the huge price rises that went with it.

By the way; 600 residents signed a petition. I wonder what the population is.

Edited to say, I’ve just found this:
New development has greatly increased the size of the village in the last generation, but there has been a significant reduction in services, with the police station, post office and shops all having closed.

So maybe they’ve got their way already.

Why not ban all vehicles from the village?

Get 'em to come to out of town depots to collect their food, and everything else whilst we’re at it.

He who dares wins - he who don’t - don’t.

toby1234abc:
Residents and councilors in Norton St Philip near Bath have said Lgv’s destroy local life as stated in the Frome Standard.
They are devising a plan to drive lorries out of their village.
600 concerned residents signed a petition to ban lorries as they said excessive speed was a concern and lorries are destroying their village.
They want the road to be made harder for lorries to negotiate.
They want the village returned to it’s medieval peace.

Your comments please to editor@fromestandard.co.uk
Or phone 01749 832325 Bede Macgowan.

Do you think the lorry drivers will voice up?
We only have to think back to the DCPC!
Now’t zilch zero

I did a delivery to NST once,a right pompous woman.She wanted ton pallets of compost broken down and humped over a wall down a garden path has that what was agreed when she ordered it.
She gets the hump when i say its drop the pallets only.
She phones the supplier.
Her gardener commutes from Cornwall and had left so could not help move the compost.
Looking back i wish i should have refused delivery.
On the grounds of narrow access down small track.Risk of vehicle damage.
It was about five pallets.She says " Put men in to sort things out,it all goes wrong as they are all useless,i go out for the day and all this hassle" Her delivery made me late for other drops.

NSP Nimbies met in the Fleur de Lys pub to set up their TAG,Traffic action group.
Got nothing better to do.Life is too short to worry about a few lorris.
The village is not a transit route.
Buses fly through all day.But that is ok.

I do sympathise with people a bit when it comes to these residential deliveries on the pallet networks & the like. If I sold pallets of heavy items to people’s homes I wouldn’t consider it very good customer service to send it via. a delivery service that offers only kerbside delivery, unless it was explicitly stated - which it often isn’t.

When I hear the term “Medieval Peace” I think of how quiet it must have been in villages and towns alike in the summer of 1349…
People should be careful what they wish for. WIthout commerce and progress we’re dead already. :open_mouth:

When it comes down to it, I love the country, and countryside The only thing wrong with it is the folk that live there. :unamused:

The actor Jeremey Irons is on some commitee to try to ban nasty juggernauts on his patch.I think it is Oxford area.
A few years ago,the Council in Melksham banned trucks parking for free off Spa Road in Melksham.
The paper ran a story of an elderly couple that were in distress.
They had seen a female driver half dressed in the privacy of her sleeper cab and they took offence to this.
But who was looking at who?
For NSP,when a customer asks me how many hours away i am to deliver their new garden shed, i shall laugh at them on the phone.
Hours you ask,are you joking ?
Your shed is on a freight canal barge coming from Manchester on the canal network.
Your shed will arrive in two weeks.
And you have to collect youself at Bradford on Avon.
You can try Joe Bloggs ltd,they use donkeys and mules.Is that medieval enough for you lot.?

Probably they nearly all drive to Bath or Radstock to use the supermarket. But they chose to live in a village on the crossroads of the A366 and the B3110 - the old main road to Bath. I can’t understand their reasoning. Yes a rat run for cars going to work in Bath and beyond from places where there is no work.

Bunch of snobs who have no clue of the real world.Look at the BOA Lorry Watch Saga brigade.Sad losers.

toby1234abc:
The actor Jeremey Irons is on some commitee to try to ban nasty juggernauts on his patch.I think it is Oxford area.

Someone ought to remind the bonehead there’s an awful lot of trucks used in stage, tv & film production and ask him how they intend to move it all around unless they go back to handbarrows which will add weeks and costs onto his production schedule.

The Nimby ■■■■ :grimacing:

speedyguy:

toby1234abc:

Someone ought to remind the bonehead there’s an awful lot of trucks used in stage, tv & film production and ask him how they intend to move it all around unless they go back to handbarrows which will add weeks and costs onto his production schedule.

The Nimby [zb] :grimacing:

I watched an episode of “who do you think you are” with him on it and thought ‘what a boring, toffee nosed prick he is.’

Dead right about carting all the film stuff around… ■■■■■■■ hypocrite.