Herald of Free Enterprise - BBC News Report 6th March 1987

I know the Herald has been done to death on here before, but i was just searching YouTube for something, and found this…

The BBC News Report from the night it happened

They believed it hit the Harbour wall in ZeeBrugge! :open_mouth: :unamused:

BuzzardBoy:
They believed it hit the Harbour wall in ZeeBrugge! :open_mouth: :unamused:

As you say the report was from the night it happened so they didn’t actually have a clue what had caused it at that point, so they start speculating and guessing and usually are proved wrong later on. Still happens to this day when any accident is reported on the news, such as the crash a Biggin hill last week, they don’t know so have to say something to fill the report

awful very sad. :cry:

the ferry service in question was also a favorite of
the british forces germany,and many
would not be here today if not for the many who
were heros on the day ,TWO spring to mind
all i can remember is that one was english
and the other was a Hungarian, together they
saved people on the boat,and yes they were
LORRYDRIVERS,

Coffeeholic:
As you say the report was from the night it happened so they didn’t actually have a clue what had caused it at that point, so they start speculating and guessing and usually are proved wrong later on. Still happens to this day when any accident is reported on the news, such as the crash a Biggin hill last week, they don’t know so have to say something to fill the report

yup i agree totally, 24 hour rolling news = have to blether and fill space - mind you old ginger witchell seemed to think zeebrugge was in holland at the start of the report so there ain’t much hope is there? :unamused: :laughing:

Travelled on that ferry many times and came off continental work a few months before that disaster.“There but for the grace of God…”

I can’t claim to have ever been on that ferry, but a few of my friends worked on it, three of them lost their lives and one is in constant pain even today…The whole incident was a tragedy that should never of happened, but it did…I personally wish it would not keep popping up on forums. let it rest please. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

With Jimti on this one as a Man of Kent, lost a M8 and know several families very well who lost love ones in the tragedy.

RIP Tim :frowning:

jimti:
I can’t claim to have ever been on that ferry, but a few of my friends worked on it, three of them lost their lives and one is in constant pain even today…The whole incident was a tragedy that should never of happened, but it did…I personally wish it would not keep popping up on forums. let it rest please. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Good speech jimti

bestbooties:
Travelled on that ferry many times and came off continental work a few months before that disaster.“There but for the grace of God…”

Me to, came home on her 2 nights before. I also remember standing on the front of the FE4 with the crew as we sailed out of Larne with the bow doors open enjoying the veiw. And we used to sleep in are cabs sometimes, some things you never think about at the time. It nearly allways takes something tradgic to happen to make you think .