Henry long transport

ramone:
Heres another one Les my dad drove now and then , i think its at Liverpool docks , it`s probably still waiting :wink:

:laughing: :laughing:

A Chris Dibbin FB photo. Les.

2 more. Les.

anybody got any pics?they were all mercs hoping trucker ash or carl might have some photos hope someone has :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

found this one on the net has anyone anymore.they were based in bradford

what a picture curnock :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: got anymore■■?

not of long’s

Henry Long were owned by Ocean then sold to Albert Fisher Plc.

I thought Henry Long went into A-One Transport before its demise

yep fisher sold it to a1 they got a two year free lease on the yard we all new the days of longs was over when the two year was up :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Dreva, do you know Paul and John, used to do Barcelona in the mid 80’s, always saw them down there.

yeah like i said johns in spain last time i saw paul henry he was working for stobarts he might have retired now his son still works at northside trucks :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

my dad was quite happy driving for ugi meters in streatham before henry longs came along took all the work and poor old dad was dumped out of a job.

:imp:

jessicas dad:
my dad was quite happy driving for ugi meters in streatham before henry longs came along took all the work and poor old dad was dumped out of a job.

:imp:

odd comment from you alex? :confused:

it looks like frank and gordon ohara i know his dad had it then gordon got it eventually cant remember who had it in between :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Dreva, a couple of names to conjour with, Eddie Robinson,Terry Mortimer, Keith Parkin, and the guy who ran the truck wash but never put any soap in it because he had a sideline…!
used to take unit and trailer for a wash on saturday mornings and all that was in the wash was fesh water.
Longs always had a smart looking fleet, even when they were in Manningham.

les who run the wash died before christmas cant remember the year nice bloke last time i saw terry was at a branch meeting dont know what happened to keith seen eddie at the same branch meeting great blokes all of them :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

if you go to the branch meetings, you know me!!

is that “dingy” eddie robinson, lived at odsal with his sister? he did a bit of casual for a good mate of mine, now sadly deceased - glad to hear eddie is still going (and probably still foaming at the mouth when excited or vexed :laughing: )