helping a mate

I did a little run today for a good mate, he hired a DAF 7.5T flat bed thingy. (no O licence)
We took some steel from Preston to just outside Glasgow, I think the old girl was close to max weight but jeeze are those brakes bad, and a 5 speed box just didnt feel right :laughing:
I had cleared it with my boss as it would show on the digi download.

My mate asked my rate for my job on a Saturday but I just said a straight £10 per hour, as he is an old friend I did offer to do it for a bottle of single malt but he went off on one telling me I need to be paid proper.

Anyway, turned out the loading went well (we both did it) but the unloading was supposed to take a few minutes by guys at the other end…naddda no flt, four inches of snow and a garage fire next door :laughing:
So we just mucked in dragged humped and chucked the steel off (H&S would have a fit).

I got back to their base and got £150 and a case of stella, and more weekend work for the summer.

To be honest it was a very enjoyable day and as usual I love going North of the Border especially at weekends, nil traffic stunning views and smiling drivers :sunglasses:

I just thought I would gloat :stuck_out_tongue:

Drift:
…I just thought I would gloat :stuck_out_tongue:

I spend most of my working time trundling around the Lake District in a gas mini-bulker. It costs most folk a bomb to come and stay here for even just a short break.

Despite the fact that dear old Mrs Postlethwaite who lives half way up Helvellyn needs a top up and my sphynctre’s doing over-time on the “road” up there, especially in this weather, I love it. I get paid (quite handsomely) for it too!

I just thought I would out-gloat you. :smiling_imp: :grimacing:

nickb67:

Drift:
…I just thought I would gloat :stuck_out_tongue:

I spend most of my working time trundling around the Lake District in a gas mini-bulker. It costs most folk a bomb to come and stay here for even just a short break.

Despite the fact that dear old Mrs Postlethwaite who lives half way up Helvellyn needs a top up and my sphynctre’s doing over-time on the “road” up there, especially in this weather, I love it. I get paid (quite handsomely) for it too!

I just thought I would out-gloat you. :smiling_imp: :grimacing:

nickb67, welcome to “gloat club” :smiley:
You are more than welcome to out Gloat me but I assure you I neither travel hill nor dale to find a Saturday night Gloat as I have one in bed up stairs :laughing: …We did say goat didnt we? :laughing:

Right, more Elvis on tuyoube :sunglasses: :laughing: