Helping a friend

Looking for Euro work with in an hour or so of Doncaster non adr he’s tried usual like Brian yeardley Maru etc looking for a smaller firm any ideas ■■
Thanks

Pay Andy Gee a visit in Wakefield, he owns Gees transport, and may give some contacts that go to Europe.
Stobart International are after Euro drivers on the steel contract, for Land Rover parts, factory is near the Polish border in Germany.
Expect to be away for three months.
Not sure which depot your friend needs to apply at?

He could try Maru Transport in Dewsbury. A lad from our place went there about 2 year ago with no euro experience and they set him on so seem like they give folk a chance even them with no Euro experience.

BJ Waters, Matlock. Bulkers go across the water. :sunglasses:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
He could try Maru Transport in Dewsbury. A lad from our place went there about 2 year ago with no euro experience and they set him on so seem like they give folk a chance even them with no Euro experience.

■■■■ me didn’t read all you post first time :unamused: soz mate :smiley:

Who’s the company I think are based in Gainsborough who do flat work all over. They fetch marble back over here.?

Scotter haulage, green and yellow fleet.Do a lot of Italy.
There is EM Rogers that cover Italy,worth commuting if away for a few weeks.
Continental Express are after Euro drivers for Gibraltar deliveries to Morrisons, some double man, some solo drivers.
Base is Waltham Abbey, North London.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
Who’s the company I think are based in Gainsborough who do flat work all over. They fetch marble back over here.?

ohh that’s a new year quiz!!! dunno.

i’d go Eddie or WS I should say then, be a doss although you do need to be fairly lively to secure the steel, no huge beer guts!

Smiths of Scotter (dont know much about them) -but know they go to a few other places,but AFAIK they are still doing Italy #generally its steel out then marble back

Why the need to an hour from Donny ? Some Euro work is away for three weeks or more, so you pack the car with all the kit, and once in the lorry , there is no commuting.
I drove 200 miles to work in Wakey, and most weekends I would park the truck near home, which meant my car was stuck in Wakey.
S & K Haulage at Barry South Wales is an option.

Silver_Surfer:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

ohh that’s a new year quiz!!! dunno.

i’d go Eddie or WS I should say then, be a doss although you do need to be fairly lively to secure the steel, no huge beer guts!

I assume they put the steel for abroad under the grocery cages on those Goole tauts:lol: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: .

I know Smiths of Scotter were engaged in taking oversize loads of steel to Eastern Europe a few years ago, perhaps three or four years ago, from memory I think it was to CZ and possibly Hungary and then running empty to Italy for marble. Not sure if they’re still doing that job but they’re certainly still doing a lot of Italy.
As I said in the post you’ve done in the Euro forum with regards companies in Hull, there’s Neill & Brown who my dad subbed for from another firm for over 10 years and what is now called Eurovision but will be better remembered by most as J.D.Riby and subsequently European Road Freight Limited (ERFL). Not sure of any other companies from Hull, there used to be loads but not any more.