help

hello everyone

is this right

i work 7 days a week most weeks not driving related, i also have hgv licence
my employer wants me to drive next saturday and give me sunday off
then back to normal 7 days
the company employs 3 transport managers and they cannot agree if this is legal or not
the one i have most faith in says as i will be off sunday (reduced rest) i will have to take next weekend off
the other two say he is wrong as the fixed week ends on sunday and the next weekend is in a different week
so am ok to work
who is right
help :open_mouth:

In order to give you a half decent answer, we need to know :

approximately what time you will finish your shift on Saturday,

How many hours you will have worked from Midnight the previous Sunday Night/Monday morning

and what time you are expected to start your non driving shift the Next Monday morning.

When you post that info, then the more experienced tacho guys can give you some advice.

cheers,

LandyLad

happyweetrucker:
hello everyone

is this right

i work 7 days a week most weeks not driving related, i also have hgv licence
my employer wants me to drive next saturday and give me sunday off
then back to normal 7 days
the company employs 3 transport managers and they cannot agree if this is legal or not
the one i have most faith in says as i will be off sunday (reduced rest) i will have to take next weekend off
the other two say he is wrong as the fixed week ends on sunday and the next weekend is in a different week
so am ok to work
who is right
help :open_mouth:

As the week ends at 24:00 Sunday and you will have started a weekly rest by then that’s the only day you need off.
You don’t need to have days off the following week unless you will be driving a LGV vehicle again that week.

If you will be working in your usual job from Sunday to Friday then driving on Saturday you should start your weekly rest period no later than 24:00 Saturday which is 144 hours from 00:00 Monday.

Daily rest periods must also be adhered to for the day you will be driving.

For the none driving days you should keep a record on either a chart or printout, these records only need to show your name, date and start and finish times.

further info

from previous sunday night 12hrs per day mon to fri
drive on sat 10hrs should end around 6pm
off sunday
start 6am monday then continue to work 7 days as before
still confused

happyweetrucker:
further info

off sunday
still confused

What are you confused about ?

What you want to do is fine and you will only need the Sunday off not the following weekend, be sure to have at-least 9 hours off before starting work on the Saturday :wink:

tachograph:

happyweetrucker:
further info

off sunday
still confused

What are you confused about ?

What you want to do is fine and you will only need the Sunday off not the following weekend, be sure to have at-least 9 hours off before starting work on the Saturday :wink:

This^

We don’t wish to argue, just accept we are right. :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

:laughing:

I knew I’d forgotten to add something to the end of my post :wink:

tachograph:

Coffeeholic:

:laughing:

I knew I’d forgotten to add something to the end of my post :wink:

:grimacing: :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

Erm, isn’t it illegal to work 7 days per week? Doesn’t the WTD apply to all jobs, not just HGV driving for the 45 hours work per week limit? Or for the reference period you could work 7 days per week say for a certain % of the referance period then take 2 weeks off or something.

Silver_Surfer:
Erm, isn’t it illegal to work 7 days per week? Doesn’t the WTD apply to all jobs, not just HGV driving for the 45 hours work per week limit? Or for the reference period you could work 7 days per week say for a certain % of the referance period then take 2 weeks off or something.

The OP works to the general WTD most of the time, he will only come under the RT(WT)R 2005 for the days he is driving to EU regulations.

Whilst the general WTD does give requirements for, I think it’s a day off each week, it can be opted out of, it’s the road transport working time regulations that cannot be opted out of but as the OP will only be driving to EU regulations one day or possibly occasionally it won’t concern him how many hours he does as far as the working time regulations are concerned.

By the way for the RT(WT)R it’s an average 48 hour week over the reference period not 45 hours :wink:

Thanks to all that replied

The TM that i trust more than the other two was on duty today
I told him that i had posted on this forum and the answers that i was given
He actually agrees with all on here
his reasons for telling me what he did was so that it kept the drivers thinking that he treats everybody the same
now he says a very big thankyou to everybody on here

he says next monday he will have every driver in asking how can he (me) do it but you wont let us do it
he knows its differt for me
he was just trying to keep the peace

i believe his intentions were in the right place
poor bugger has to face all the barrack room lawyers i mean drivers :unamused:

thanks again