help

Have posted this in more detail in the newbie forum.
my company as just recieved a penalty notice and they say i have to pay it.
Can they do this as it does’nt state in my contract?
For more info check out my thread in the newbie forum.
Thank You
Mark

Here is the latest on this saga.
Spoke to me boss today.He told me that i should pay this fine and that he wanted to deduct it out of my wage.
I told him that he could’nt and then he said that as i had already had 2 bumps he was looking at gross misconduct.
He told me to go away and think about.
When i got home my TM rang me up and said i was suspended on full pay and had to go in tommorow at 5pm for a disciplinary hearing.
Surely they cannot do this.
Mark

If your in a union,ring your shop steward/area rep NOW.

You need representation at the hearing,and if you can,get it suspended until you get proper advice.

Ken.

Hi Mark .
Use the time you have got off to-morrow to get some legal advice.

Go to the Citizens Advice Bureau or ring a solicitor.

Gross misconduct must surely be notified in writing.
As you have had 2 bumps, did you get any warning ( in writing ) for either ?

Did the company you work for warn you about the routes in or out of London ?

If the answer to the above are No, tell the boss you will see him in court.

Good Luck.

Niall.

I read your other post and I seriously believe you were acting onthe company behalf.
As a point of law if you are union or not, you have the right to take a fellow employee of your choice in to the hearing with you as a second, the company cannot refuse this, if they do they are in breach of contract.
Do everything you have the right ot do, stand up for yourself. If they fire you go to a tribunal :exclamation:

Unfortunately not in a union,and only been there 10 months.
Yeah got 2 warnings for the bumps but they also told me 3 bumps and your out which i can understand.
Would it be worth getting in touch with acas.
Going to citzenz advice tomz,and hopefully see a solictor.
Oh know where in writing does it say it is gross misconduct.
Mark

DO NOT GO IN TO THE INTERVIEW WITHOUT REPRESENTATION,AS PAT HAS ALREADY SAID GET ANOTHER DRIVER THAT YOU GET ON WITH,OR BETTER A GUY THAT KNOW’S THE RULES AND REG’S.ALSO TELL THE BOSS THAT YOU WANT THE DISAPLINARY PUT DOWN IN MINS.IE WRITTEN DOWN AND THAT YOU REQUIRE A COPY OF THEM MINS.ALSO ONLY ANSWER WHAT THEY ASK,DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY MORE THAN REQUIRED.SHORT SHARP ANSWERS AND STRAIGHT TO THE POINT.DON’T ADMIT TO NOTHING.IF YOU CAN’T GET LEGAL ASSISSTANCE TIL A CERTAIN DATE TIME OR ANY REPRESENTATION FOR TOMORROW TELL THE COMPANY THAT YOU WILL NOT BE IN FOR THE MEETING DUE TO NOBODY BEING AVALIBLE.THEY WILL HAVE TO RE-ARRANGE THE MEETING.GOOD LUCK

Tell them to get your P45 ready and to stick their job up their arse, then phone any agency you want and work for them until you can find a better job.

jammymutt:
Tell them to get your P45 ready and to stick their job up their arse, then phone any agency you want and work for them until you can find a better job.

yes brit mark failing representation join the diplomatic corp and do as jammy says stick job up arse and go forth and multiply. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Went to the hearing but they did’nt sack me they have give me a last and final warning.And suspended me for 2 days without pay.
Anybody know of any class 2 jobs going in huddersfield dewsbury area.
In the end they have had to pay the fine.
I nearly walked out and told them to stuff the job the way they was talking to me.
You would of thought that there’s were the only company that employed drivers.
Thank for the advice.
Mark

AT LEAST YOU STILL GOT THE JOB MATE. YOU CAN LOOK FOR A JOB AND ASK AROUND WHEN YOU DELIVER TO COMPANY’S.YOU NEVER KNOW YOU MIGHT STRIKE IT LUCKY. :laughing:

brit_mark:
Went to the hearing but they did’nt sack me they have give me a last and final warning.And suspended me for 2 days without pay.
Anybody know of any class 2 jobs going in huddersfield dewsbury area.
In the end they have had to pay the fine.
I nearly walked out and told them to stuff the job the way they was talking to me.
You would of thought that there’s were the only company that employed drivers.
Thank for the advice.
Mark

Not too familiar with the class 2 scene round here. Only ones I see about a lot are James Wilby’s whom are just on the outskirts of Heckmondwike on the Dewsbury Moor road. There’s also Kozee-Sleep beds in Ravensthorpe. They’re all class 2’s. M&B Waste (skips and ro-ro’s) near Kozee’s but if their class 1 money is anything to go by I’d avoid them.

Ken might be able to add some as he’s a bit nearer you.