Help

How talls a portacabin now,I’ve tried to measure it with my tape measure but tape measure collapses before it gets to the top of the cabin,bloody Wilkoes tat

dozy:
How talls a portacabin now,I’ve tried to measure it with my tape measure but tape measure collapses before it gets to the top of the cabin,bloody Wilkoes tat

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

dozy:

Get on top and feed the tape down ? Play gravity at it’s own game :wink:

Kaistar:

dozy:

Ask Contraflow, I bet he will help. :laughing:

Kaistar:

dozy:

Give Ambulance service a ring first to go on stand by,… think its 999.
Don’t forget to let us know how you get on doze. :smiley:

Get a height stick…and only buy your soap from Wilkoes.

p.s surely a standard one can’t be more than 10ft? So just measure highest trailer bolster and add a generous estimate?

Tie the end of the tape measure to a helium filled baloon, then stay up so to speak. :smiley:

Try about 100 balloons and hang on. :unamused: :slight_smile:

peterm:

This is going to end up like that film UP. I can’t wait to see his Scania float past.

dozy:

Depends on how high the base is of the ground surely ? :slight_smile:

peterm:

WIth an electric fan on the back for propulsion, just think of the fuel you’d save.

Captain Caveman 76:

peterm:

WIth an electric fan on the back for propulsion, just think of the fuel you’d save.

And road closures would be thing of the past as well. It would also save a fortune on ferry crossings and make like very difficult for anyone to jump in the trailer in Calais. I think this bloke is on to something. Not to mention as the inventor of their airship division Dozy’s gonna get his own channel 5 tv show. They’ll send him all over the world, ice road trucking will become so much safer now they can float above the ice. Soon Dozy will be more famous then Hugh Rowlands.

Can of Red Bull and gracefully hover in the positions you require with said tape.

Wont be hard imo as I don’t know who Hugh Rowlands is …

If you gotta rope put a bow knot in it. Throw over the cabin and pull the knot to the edge of the tallest part then hold level with the bed. Pull rope down and measure then add floor to bed of trailer. :wink:

Failing that climb on to head board and measure in stages.

I knew this was gonna be a good one when I saw who’s question it was :laughing:

First thoughts were troll. Then I saw the op…

Find something long, like a Tilt sideboard, a ‘Plank’ or even a tree branch, measure it (eg 10ft) then hold it against the top of the cabin, put a teeny weeny mark where it ends (bottom end [emoji57]) then just measure from the mark to the floor, add the plank length & the measurement from the teeny weeny mark together.

If you need a hand to add them together, just let me know & I’ll attempt to give you a correct answer or find a small child with a pencil & paper.

This helpful information has been brought to you via Viking Industries Surveying & Measuring Division.

martinviking:
, a ‘Plank’ .

:neutral_face: I’m saying absolutely nothing. :smiley:

robroy:

martinviking:
, a ‘Plank’ .

:neutral_face: I’m saying absolutely nothing. :smiley:

[emoji6][emoji1]

The EASY way is to tip the truck on its side and measure it whilst on the floor. Much easier than faffing about with vertical tape measures… :wink: :sunglasses: