Help with street sign

Can somebody please explain the meaning of the restrictions on this sign as its not too clear too me.

If all vehicles over 7.5 tonne are prohibited except for loading then why is there a need for the 18tonne restriction times?
Or am I just being dumb?

Thanks

I’m with you damon33.
so that must make us tweedel dee and tweedel dumb.

damon33:
Can somebody please explain the meaning of the restrictions on this sign as its not too clear too me.

If all vehicles over 7.5 tonne are prohibited except for loading then why is there a need for the 18tonne restriction times?
Or am I just being dumb?

Thanks

Because they don’t want heavy vehicles travelling through the area to load or unload during the night Monday to Friday, afternoon or at night on Saturdays or at-all on Sundays, well not unless they have a permit anyway.

It means your in London.

Under 7.5 unrestricted accesss
Over 7.5 but under 18 access only for loading at any time.
Over 18 access is not allowed during the times shown and access is only for loading.

MADBAZ:
It means your in London.

Under 7.5 unrestricted accesss
Over 7.5 but under 18 access only for loading at any time.
Over 18 access is not allowed during the times shown and access is only for loading.

depends which side of the road your on :wink: :wink:

OK, think I’ve got my head around it.
I better find another route then LOL.
Thanks guys :slight_smile:

damon33:

ahhh so you was planning to go through the area and use the excuse that you was loading in the area … tut tut :smiley:

tachograph:

damon33:

ahhh so you was planning to go through the area and use the excuse that you was loading in the area … tut tut :smiley:

you gotta admit . its a pigs ear of a sign though

MADBAZ:
It means your in London.

Unless it’s an authorised route to a delivery point then you can access at those times.

But the 7.5 sign would make the 18t sign irrelevant regardless of the time of day. I was looking at the same sign yesterday thinking the same thing.

m1cks:
But the 7.5 sign would make the 18t sign irrelevant regardless of the time of day. I was looking at the same sign yesterday thinking the same thing.

Unless you were loading, if I’ve understood correctly

m1cks:

No it doesn’t.

The 7.5t sign tells you that if you’re in a vehicle exceeding 7.5t you can only go into the area to load/unload.

However, the other sign tells you that if you’re in a vehicle exceeding 18t you cannot go into the area at the times displayed even for loading unless you have a permit.

The weight is the MAM of the vehicle.

Here is one, also from London, that has me baffled.

Can anybody find a meaning other than - Any vehicle can go in either direction at any time?

:question:

Only vehicles that are over 16.5 tonnes can go straight on or right during the times shown. Good luck to whoever tries to enforce that sign, whatever it’s meant to be for.

paberriman:
Here is one, also from London, that has me baffled. 10

Can anybody find a meaning other than - Any vehicle can go in either direction at any time?

It’s a directional sign to avoid going into the nightime lorry ban.

m1cks:
It’s a directional sign to avoid going into the nightime lorry ban.

The only options at this junction are straight ahead or turn right. I can see that the fence on the left would have a nighttime lorry ban, I’m just surprised they would lift it during the day. :laughing:

This is the west side of clapham common travelling southwards.

Didn’t look at the top picture

paberriman:
Here is one, also from London, that has me baffled. 10

It means it’s compulsory for vehicles that weight or over to go in one of the two directions specified (straight on or right). Presumably they can’t go left, although I can’t see the left turn in that picture.

The signs represent the London Lorry Control Area, which means vehicles over 16.5T can’t enter most roads in London at night, Saturday afternoons or Sundays. The exceptions are a number of main roads, mostly primary routes, with a few additional roads which are access routes to industrial estates.