Help with spec please

Hi all, first time poster, long time lurker :slight_smile:

I currently work for a truck and trailer leasing company and am looking to up-spec some of our older 6x2 tractor fleet to entice owner drivers and smaller operators. If you are or considering to go by yourself would the idea of a fully loaded truck (fridge, micorwave, sat nav, bluetooth, tv/dvd) entice you more, or would it come down to the actual model and spec of truck and deal.

We would be using either Scania 420 topline, Man TGA 440 or Renault Premium 450/460’s.

In order of preference what 5 cab acessories would entice you in:?:

Fridge
Microwave
Hi-spec hgv sat nav
Inverter
TV/DVD
Air horns
Private plate
Additional exterior lights
Bluetooth
Laptop/Ipad
Something else?

Truckntrailerman

truckntrailerman:

I currently work for a truck and trailer leasing company and am looking to up-spec some of our older 6x2 tractor fleet to entice owner drivers and smaller operators. If you are or considering to go by yourself would the idea of a fully loaded truck (fridge, micorwave, sat nav, bluetooth, tv/dvd) entice you more, or would it come down to the actual model and spec of truck and deal.

We would be using either Scania 420 topline, Man TGA 420 or Renault Premium 450’s.

Truckntrailerman

Fridge

Microwave

Bluetooth

Aux Input Socket

Inverter.

would be my top five if I was out all week.

As for the truck, I wouldn’t go for the MAN, I have never driven a Scanny, and the Renault would be better as the 460 6x2. I would also make sure that all the fifth wheels had dog clips rather than these self locking ones, I don’t know about you guys, but I don’t trust them.

Cheers Nick, most appreciated. :smiley:

What would you mostly use the aux input for?

There may be a mix of 450 and 460 premiums

Truckntrailerman

truckntrailerman:

We would be using either Scania 420 topline, Man TGA 420 or Renault Premium 450’s.

Fridge
Microwave
Hi-spec hgv sat nav
Inverter
TV/DVD
Air horns
Private plate
Additional exterior lights
Bluetooth
Laptop/Ipad
Something else?

Truckntrailerman

With the greatest of respect. The trucks you have in mind wouldn’t attract many 1 man outfits. They want something with an engine for a start.

Thanks turnip, I appreciate we’re not offering FH16’s but the first step on the ladder for some with low deposit and hopefully decent fuel figures.

Ignoring the engines would you have a preference on the accessories?

Truckntrailerman

Can’t see many owner drivers going for premiums.

truckntrailerman:
Thanks turnip, I appreciate we’re not offering FH16’s but the first step on the ladder for some with low deposit and hopefully decent fuel figures.

Ignoring the engines would you have a preference on the accessories?

Truckntrailerman

Fridge
Microwave
Air con
Inverter
Tv/dvd

Bluetooth

DAB radio

Fridge

Microwave

Truck sat nav

:slight_smile:

A Scania is always a good start, iPad, aux/good audio, fridge, micro & tv

Mars bar dispenser?
Surely any one buying a truck for a ‘business’ is more concerned with cost/earning’s issue’s than it being ‘up specced’ with a few bits of tat,that will presumably result in it being ‘up priced’ too? :grimacing:

1. autolube
  2. chassis mounted extra storage/toolbox
    3.inverter
    4.microwave
    5.fridge
    6.rear mount work lights

Hi all and thanks for the opinions and ideas, especially on the extra storage and rear work light.

As mentioned I appreciate they’re probably not everyone first choice of trucks, especially for tramping but its what we’ve got at the moment and we’re looking to improve utilisation, the theory is if we price them right, low deposit, guaranteed finance etc and fill them with more goodies, we can get them out on longer deals to new starts and owner drivers?

Does anyone have any good HGV satnav recommedations? and what do you think to this -

halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor … yId_229906

I’ve also toyed with the idea of re-mapping, although not sure on the insurance implications for rental/lease

Thanks

Truckntrailerman

Your satnav from halfords is a double DIN unit. Might be a srtuggle finding a space to fit them in an old TGA.

These trucks sound like they are getting on a bit. A MAN TGA with a 420 must be close to being 10yrs old? Might be wise to save your cash incase they break down rather than fit gadgets to them. I’m not having a dig at you. You sound like a new company trying to make a name for yourselves and good on you. Me personally, I would put all my effort into offering a good service that customers might prefer than splashing out on gizmos. Might earn you more custom that way. But thats just my toughts. Got to start somewhere I suppose.

damoq:
Your satnav from halfords is a double DIN unit. Might be a srtuggle finding a space to fit them in an old TGA.

These trucks sound like they are getting on a bit. A MAN TGA with a 420 must be close to being 10yrs old? Might be wise to save your cash incase they break down rather than fit gadgets to them. I’m not having a dig at you. You sound like a new company trying to make a name for yourselves and good on you. Me personally, I would put all my effort into offering a good service that customers might prefer than splashing out on gizmos. Might earn you more custom that way. But thats just my toughts. Got to start somewhere I suppose.

Didnt notice the double din thanks.

Sorry the MAN’s are 440’s and would be 08/58, We’re not a new start company by any stretch :wink: , just an eager salesman trying to come up with a few ideas :sunglasses:

Truckntrailerman

truckntrailerman:

damoq:

Sorry the MAN’s are 440’s and would be 08/58, We’re not a new start company by any stretch :wink: , just an eager salesman trying to come up with a few ideas :sunglasses:

Truckntrailerman

Well if its an 08/58, it will be the TGX which does have a double DIN stereo fitted already so your halfords one should fit that.

Oops. Just assumed you were a new venture. Sorry.:slight_smile:

damoq:

truckntrailerman:

damoq:

Truckntrailerman

Well if its an 08/58, it will be the TGX which does have a double DIN stereo fitted already so your halfords one should fit that.

Oops. Just assumed you were a new venture. Sorry.:slight_smile:

No problem, If I actually new what trucks we had I wouldnt sound such a newbie :wink: