Help with route London

I’m just in a lay-by just before the a1 after a tip at Wembley just got my job for tomorrow and it a collection by milwall fc can I go back into London and over or do I need to go right the way round, any help much appreciated don’t like it down here.

Sorry I’m 44t artic thanks

What time are you loading in New Cross? What is your height and what euro engine you got? And of course what is your highest gross axle weight?

I can get there any time in the morning I’m in a 15 plate scania empty about 16 ton

stokedave:
I can get there any time in the morning I’m in a 15 plate scania empty about 16 ton

Standard axles? What is your height? Which way you going afterwards? North East/North West? South? Any Hazardous?

13ft 10 height walking floor standard trailer non haz going north after then giving my dad his keys back and sending him next time.

North Circular to Chiswick Roundabout,pick up A4 to Hammersmith,onto W Cromwell Road,then turn right onto A3220 follow through Earls Court to the bottom and hang a left.Turn right over Battersea Bridge and pick up A3205 go through Nine Elms to Vauxhall One Way System.
Pick up A3204 head for Elephant & Castle & pick up the A2 (Old Kent Road) to A 2208 left onto A2208 and follow road round to junction with IIderton Road,follow IIderton Rd and Millwall Fc ground comes up on the left.
Not been this way for years,so it might have changed a bit by now.
Happy hunting :smiley:

Southbound, IF you are leaving where you are after 0800-ish take the M25 from the A1 towards the M11, then the M11 Southbound to pick up the A406, follow that to the A13 go Westbound towards London, take the Blackwall tunnel, through the tunnel take the Third exit, A2, follow that into London and you will find yourself at the oneway system, that is New Cross. Plan for an hour.

(DO NOT follow your satnav onto the A206 after the Blackwall tunnel, it is shorter, but has a 7.5t limit.)

IF you are leaving earlier, forget the M11/A406/A13 as you will be stuck in rush hour traffic, continue on the M25 and go the long way around via the QEII bridge, still pick up the A2 from there and continue as above, this will add a good 20-30 miles to your route but the traffic will be manageable. Plan for an hour and 25 minutes.

Northbound, you only have one option, pick up the A2 Eastbound and join the M25 back around, through the Dartford tunnel.

You are too tall for the Blackwall Northbound, (13.0" limit) don’t forget the QEII has an axle limit of 11.2t.

ALTERNATIVELY, you can find your way through Central London, happy to help with that, but as you stated that you don’t like the place and are not familiar with it I would highly discourage you doing that. You aren’t going to save any time doing that anyways. If you do want to go that way, be mindful of the “Lorry ban”, you can’t enter until 0700. Still plan for an hour and a half. (unless you go after 0930, then plan an hour.)

Thanks for the help guys going take the blackwall tunnel option,would it be ok if I set off at 7.00 though thanks wheelnut.

You can always jump on the Woolwich Ferry when you’re heading back North,if you don’t fancy Dartford Tunnel way…

Leaving at 7 will take you hours mate leave at 6 it will be 7 nearly by time you get to black health

stokedave:
Thanks for the help guys going take the blackwall tunnel option,would it be ok if I set off at 7.00 though thanks wheelnut.

0700 is too late to take the Blackwall tunnel, you either need to set of after 0800 to miss the rush hour or set of at 0530 to beat it, A13/A406 traffic start at 0700 and finishes around 0900, barring any accidents.

Sorry to hijack thread but what’s this axle weight limit on the qe 2 bridge you talk of. I apologise for sounding naive :question:

red7jase:
Sorry to hijack thread but what’s this axle weight limit on the qe 2 bridge you talk of. I apologise for sounding naive :question:

QEII has an 11.2t axle limit so if you run 11.5t axles you are barred and have to go the long way round. (it also has a 5t wheel weight limit)

I must learn more about this axle weight stuff. My unit has 3 axles and all our trailers also have 3 axles. We only get loads that are authorised correct weight for vehicle so I don’t have to worry to much about it being ok. How do I find out my limits :question: sorry again

red7jase:
I must learn more about this axle weight stuff. My unit has 3 axles and all our trailers also have 3 axles. We only get loads that are authorised correct weight for vehicle so I don’t have to worry to much about it being ok. How do I find out my limits :question: sorry again

Weigh bridge?

red7jase:

If you have optional heavy duty axles it would be a concern not on a standard truck. For the avoidance of doubt, both the tunnel and the bridge have the weight limits, they don’t want oversized/heavy in or on either.

Unless of course you put the heavy stuff up front but then you would exceed your axle limit anyways so you have bigger things to worry about…

I know my overall limits what’s thrown me is this talk of over 11.5 axles. I’m guessing if I was running these I’d know. I just looked up the specs for my truck online and it appears I’m not. I think :slight_smile:

red7jase:
I know my overall limits what’s thrown me is this talk of over 11.5 axles. I’m guessing if I was running these I’d know. I just looked up the specs for my truck online and it appears I’m not. I think :slight_smile:

Standard spec, dual wheel is 10.5t.

wheelnutt:

red7jase:

Standard spec, dual wheel is 10.5t.

My 3 axle unit is plated for 11.5t on drive axle, but then doing a bit of digging you can only run it at 10.5t if your gross weight is over 40t apparently, thats what the simplified gov guide says.