Help with roadside worthiness

I am new to Class 1 driving having passed my test December 13th 2007. I have worked for a agency until 3 months ago when I successfully secured a full time job delivering roof trusses and floor joist.
After the first we the company due to cost cutting made the transport manager redundant and the company manager along with a supervisor took over the role.
Both have no experience in running the transport side of the business which means both I and them are unclear what to do.
1-Is it illegal to extend or miss the 6 weekly checks?
2-I have reported vehicle defects in the correct procedure but after 4 to 5 weeks nothing has been done.
ie-The first fault was a cracked offside rear cab indicator lens which after having a few days holiday a agency driver drove the vehicle is now smashed even more.(Could you tell me is this illegal and should I refuse to drive the vehicle until it is mended?)
Second fault is the nearside rear cab spray suppression was reported loose and flapping about again as above after coming back from holiday the agency driver had managed to rip it off completely.(Could you tell me is this illegal and should I refuse to drive the vehicle until it is mended?)

Plus also on Friday I noticed a loud knocking coming from underneath the cab when changing up the gears from low gears to high whether the vehicle was loaded or unloaded.Can I refuse to drive the vehicle until this Fault is investigated.

Thanks

I have tried without success to find out if the vehicle should be on the road with these faults.

Thanks

You will find this Guide useful.

AFAIK, the absence of spray suppression = GV9, as probably does the broken indicator.

Can you not just take the vehicle to where it is normally maintained,in relation to the gear problem, and then get the other matters fixed. :wink:

Oops. :blush: Old version. New version HERE.