Help with German maut toll please

Hello all. I maybe doing a trip to Hamburg soon. i have done Germany before and have used the toll collect machines before but normally in and out in a day so no problems. I am ok doing the toll collect to Hamburg but its the next part im unsure of. If i go to Hamburg Tuesday night and tip Weds morning and then have to go to Bremerhaven to reload how do i the toll collect for that bit? Do i have to find another toll collect once i leave Hamburg? What if there isnt a toll collect near where im tipping can you drive on the motorway to find one?

You can do it online now… www.toll-collect.de/

you cant just do it online you need to register the truck and company and method of payment

Late to see the post, but if you are there, be careful of the BAG, they are like the UK Vosa, the ratchet straps must have the label to show how much restraint they can hold, no chaffing or cuts and no knots in the strap.Loads must be secured, however small items at their discretion, wooden side boards on the trailer, for fridges just a bar at the back.
The motorway traffic can build up very quickly, the road ahead may seem clear, then it stops in seconds, they have many fatal crashes due to this so concentrate at all times even though the pine forests and wooded areas are nice to look at.
Try and get off the motorway to find a eating house, some true gems off the beaten track in small villages and towns.The Germans are very friendly and have a sense of humour, if you do not speak German, most speak good English.
They are very strict on factory open and close times, if the sign says shut at 15.30 on a week day, that is it till they open in the morning.
They like the paperwork to be in good order, correct CMR and so on.

Sorry late post but for future ref don’t go on autobahn before getting tax minimum fine €124 but very likely to be much more most exits usually has a garage near by also don’t deviate from route u agree to you will have the bag chasing you to lighten your wallet if u stop mid journey at a service station or autohof your allocated time will prob elapse you can cancel the original journey at that point and difference refunded to your card then in morn re tax from there to destination

nedbro:
Sorry late post but for future ref don’t go on autobahn before getting tax minimum fine €124 but very likely to be much more most exits usually has a garage near by also don’t deviate from route u agree to you will have the bag chasing you to lighten your wallet if u stop mid journey at a service station or autohof your allocated time will prob elapse you can cancel the original journey at that point and difference refunded to your card then in morn re tax from there to destination

That bit I’ve highlighted blue used to be the case.
I understand that the time allocated now, is long enough to take an 11 hour rest and still complete your journey on the same card.
I’ve been using an OBU for the last few years, so no longer need to worry about it.

it’s totally dependant on the length of the journey - you get around 24h from freiburg to lübeck but only 90mins from trier to sauertalbrücke

if you ask at where you are tipping where the nearest Maut terminal they will probably be able to direct you to it. A lot of the places i have tipped at in Germany have either printed off directions or had a handout showing the nearest as they are asked all the time

Don’t always get enough time to have a 9 or 11depends on distance bad benthiem-dresden you get 26hrs plenty of time for break but bad benthiem-Hamburg you only get i think 12hrs no time for break but

nedbro:
Don’t always get enough time to have a 9 or 11depends on distance bad benthiem-dresden you get 26hrs plenty of time for break but bad benthiem-Hamburg you only get i think 12hrs no time for break but

Fair enough. But 12 hours is enough time to get from Bad Bentheim to Hamburg and back again, near enough :smiley:

Yes but if u only got 2or 3hrs drive left u have to pay from a-b have break then pay from b-c pain in arse but my firm won’t put box in

nedbro:
Yes but if u only got 2or 3hrs drive left u have to pay from a-b have break then pay from b-c pain in arse but my firm won’t put box in

In that case, get your office monkeys to book you in online.

Get them to do the work: toll-collect.de/en/all-about … nline.html

A couple of fines accrued for running over time, for example, may nudge them in the right direction :wink:

I wud not trust them to get it correct and run the bag gauntlet