HELP ! with gearbox

Hi all

Could someone help we with this problem, I am emigrating to New Zealand in about 6 months time but alot of jobs state must have experience with Road Ranger gearbox, The job i looked at uses an Eaton Fuller 18 speed Road Ranger, Now is this 6 over 6 with splitter in high box or something different, I have used all types of gearboxes in UK so is there something on par we use here so i have an idea.

Thank you

Tony

Heres a link to a video which may be helpful :

Clickety Click

I think thats the one :blush:

Oh FYI they aren’t as scary as ya think :laughing: Once you get the hang of it you’ll love it :wink:

I think it is a 4 over 4 with split in all ranges and a split on the crawlers. The same set up as the Renault B18 but constant mesh.

Roadrangers used to be in the old Daf 2800s sometimes. 4 over 4 with split on High range is normal.

Don’t stress too much 'Junky !!
If you can get someone to show you the basics of a Road Ranger gearbox you are home and hosed.9,10,13,15,15O/D and 18 speeds are all the same.
18 speed is a 4 X 4 with splitting and a range switch,e.g. 1st split 2nd then move stick into 3rd split 4th move stick into 5th etc then select hi-lo button to next range and repeat upto 18.
15 speeds you only split lower box etc.
Its all in revs driving clutchless,or double cluthcing,and like riding a bike once you have mastered it you will wonder what all the fuss is about.
Boots

boots:
Don’t stress too much 'Junky !!
If you can get someone to show you the basics of a Road Ranger gearbox you are home and hosed.9,10,13,15,15O/D and 18 speeds are all the same.
18 speed is a 4 X 4 with splitting and a range switch,e.g. 1st split 2nd then move stick into 3rd split 4th move stick into 5th etc then select hi-lo button to next range and repeat upto 18.
15 speeds you only split lower box etc.
Its all in revs driving clutchless,or double cluthcing,and like riding a bike once you have mastered it you will wonder what all the fuss is about.
Boots

It sounds simple enough i found the eaton twin split easy to use and the range change plus split with 12 or 16 gears are very common here and are easy to use so i guess i will cope alright.

Thanks for help all.

Tony.

It is just practice mate, I know of old hands that still crunch them and miss gears.

I hate them, but on the odd occasion I have to drive one I prefer not to use the clutch ( whistling or singing as change gear seems to help ).

Keep looking mate, theres a few companies around that don’t have them.