Help with fuel efficient driving

harrawaffa:
I’d hate to work for a firm who care about this nonsense.

Nonsense eh, would love to know who you work for and what your boss would think of your thoughts!

Dr Damon:

harrawaffa:

Nonsense eh, would love to know who you work for and what your boss would think of your thoughts!

As long as the work gets done, our suppliers are happy and we continue to blow the wing mirrors off inferior drivers like yourself he’s happy.

I dont pay for it so i dont worry about it.

My cars on the other hand…miss daisy comes to mind lol

From my Scania R450 63 plate I get 9.7mpg average. That’s on a normal week with a mixture of loads, some that weigh next to nothing and also running at full weight some of the week.

Looks to me like you need more over run Adrian.

truckyboy:
All that fuel nonsense…thats the least of my worries when driving my beast …i only look at the speedo…the rest is for someone else to look at…

Tbh I used to think the same way, in fact there are old posts on here of me taking the ■■■■ out of some guys.
(Out of character I know :sunglasses: :laughing: ).who used to come on here talking and boasting about it. :smiley:

The DAF I had then on an 04 plate at the time was appalling on fuel, but since we went on to Mercs and the reputation they have for good fuel figures, I kinda got to thinking ‘‘Let’s just see what it does then’’ and went back to owner/driver mode :smiley:
It just kind of gets hold of you. :blush: on the other hand I reckon it’s made me a better driver, as I am always in the top 3 (but I never get a dozy style diploma certificate for it. :cry: :laughing: )

It is what it is. Always was and always will be. Don’t even think about it.

harrawaffa:

Dr Damon:

harrawaffa:

As long as the work gets done, our suppliers are happy and we continue to blow the wing mirrors off inferior drivers like yourself he’s happy.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1
the ones that think it matters are usually the ones in their fleet spec supermarket chugmobiles flat to the mat at 52.
completely blinkered and green that because they cant drive at a speed they would like to,then nobody should be able to.
half of our lot over here run on L.W.K.L.A.A. fuel and need to just gt on with the job the way thats most profitable.
enthusiastic limiters and hands on cavalier outlook to road haulage operations.
crack on and byebye plobberjob trunkers. :slight_smile:

harrawaffa:

Money spent on fuel by drivers who wallop through it not caring because they don’t pay the bills is less money available to give you a wage rise.

If you are doing 500/600km a day averaging 10MPG and another driver doing the same run is only getting 8MPG that is over £2500 a year your company doesn’t have for wage rises because of the extra fuel the other driver is wasting.

HGV:

You do in the wage rise you don’t get.

Its funny how many of you morons bleat on about the wages being crap, don’t care how much company money you waste on the hauliers largest bill and fail to make the connection.

A 3% wage rise will cost most employers around £750-£1000 a year. If you’re turning an extra £2000 of diesel into smoke needlessly then how can they afford the money for the wage rise?

Conor:

HGV:

Its funny how many of you morons bleat on about the wages being crap, don’t care how much company money you waste on the hauliers largest bill and fail to make the connection.

A 3% wage rise will cost most employers around £750-£1000 a year. If you’re turning an extra £2000 of diesel into smoke needlessly then how can they afford the money for the wage rise?

And you honestly believe the potential savings would be passed on to the drivers?

eagerbeaver:

Conor:

HGV:

And you honestly believe the potential savings would be passed on to the drivers?

+1

I only bother with it if I get called in and spoken to about it but that’s not happened so it must be acceptable

eagerbeaver:

Conor:

HGV:

My thoughts entirely, he must live on an entirely different planet to me…but hey !..I have only worked for …quote;… ‘‘Crap 70s style companies’’ :laughing:

robroy:

eagerbeaver:

Conor:

HGV:

My thoughts entirely, he must live on an entirely different planet to me…but hey !..I have only worked for …quote;… ‘‘Crap 70s style companies’’ :laughing:

Very worrying mentality on here recently mate :confused:

Borg.jpg

harrawaffa:

^
This. Boot to the floor and get the job done rather than nancying around p1ssing off everyone else on the road…

eagerbeaver:

Conor:

HGV:

^
Exactly. Its never going to happen. Many big companies just love the toe nail drivers…

harrawaffa:

Dr Damon:

harrawaffa:

Ditto.

We don’t need to scrimp on fuel because the company gets paid well and we don’t have any agency so our damages bill is non-existant :laughing:

A.

I only averaged 8.3mpg today running about with full weight containers all day but i dont hang about and the unit does 58mph.

Colin_scottish:
I only averaged 8.3mpg today running about with full weight containers all day but i dont hang about and the unit does 58mph.

Productivity…plenty more to be earnt than trying to scrimp on the fuel bill…