Help with final university project

Hello everybody,

I am a final year design student studying in Salford, Manchester and need your help!

For my final major project I am currently working on the effects of night shift work on people’s sleeping patterns and how they deal with it.

The questionnaire is made up of 10, one choice answers with room for comments and will take at the most 5 minutes

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FKSHW2W

Any responses will be greatly appreciated and if you have any ideas for improvements or criticisms they will be warmly welcomed.

Thank you all very much for your time.

Regards,
Tom

Done

Good luck with your project

Done. Good luck.

Done…best of luck with the dissertation…

Done, hope you get enough replies

Is it in relation to truck drivers or all night shift workers?

Done. Thanks for keeping it short.

Done, good luck with your studies.

All done, good luck…

Done.

Done.

Done!

Done,best of luck

Done good luck

Done
Good luck and 10/10 for taking this approach
Cheers
Paul

Done mate

Done pal! :sunglasses:

Done good luke.

luck lol half asleep :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Is it me being scynical, or is it that time of year again when “design students” logon to various internet message boards for answers to projects they are undertaking in order to gain marks for their course, instead of going to the library and wading through the vast number of text books containing the correct info req`d. But that effort would vastly interupt the typical student lifestyle of sleeping, drinking, shagging & failing to attend lectures.
the normal answer I give to typical “design students” at this time of year is

Lets be honest here, you are trying, with least effort on your part to ‘satisfy’ your I presume Design tutor, and be able to show them something on paper that looks like YOU have done some research.

This is NOT research, and you are jumping in at the middle, without a thought to get easy answers, a few clicks of a mouse onto a message board is IMO a cop out.

First rule of Design, before asking ‘Why not’, as ‘Why So’.

Second rule of Design, Necessity is the Mother of Invention.

You (think you) have a solution, you want a problem to apply it to. This is ‘push’ technology, the preserve of marketing men, not engineers.

Engineers solve problems; Marketing men, sell gadgets.

NOW: go back to your lecture notes, or those of some-one who actually paid attension…

Start at the beginning. DO your research. START by looking at what manufacturers are actually offering, and the sales features thay already offer.

THIS answers your questions.

Manufacturers have all done this reasarch FAR more thoroughly than you can even dream of… they have multi-million dollar business’s depending on it… not a few brownie points towards a course grade!

So what are the existing manufacturers offering?

They do not push ‘features’ unless people have suggested they are ‘useful’.

And more importantly how much are they charging?

Third Rule of Design; There are few Problems that can`t be solved with a big enough budget…

The ‘Bottom Line’… doesn’t matter how good you make it; its whether you can convince any-one to pay more than it costs to make it.

Now go do your own home work…

peirre:
Is it me being scynical, or is it that time of year again when “design students” logon to various internet message boards for answers to projects they are undertaking in order to gain marks for their course, instead of going to the library and wading through the vast number of text books containing the correct info req`d. But that effort would vastly interupt the typical student lifestyle of sleeping, drinking, shagging & failing to attend lectures.
the normal answer I give to typical “design students” at this time of year is

Lets be honest here, you are trying, with least effort on your part to ‘satisfy’ your I presume Design tutor, and be able to show them something on paper that looks like YOU have done some research.

This is NOT research, and you are jumping in at the middle, without a thought to get easy answers, a few clicks of a mouse onto a message board is IMO a cop out.

First rule of Design, before asking ‘Why not’, as ‘Why So’.

Second rule of Design, Necessity is the Mother of Invention.

You (think you) have a solution, you want a problem to apply it to. This is ‘push’ technology, the preserve of marketing men, not engineers.

Engineers solve problems; Marketing men, sell gadgets.

NOW: go back to your lecture notes, or those of some-one who actually paid attension…

Start at the beginning. DO your research. START by looking at what manufacturers are actually offering, and the sales features thay already offer.

THIS answers your questions.

Manufacturers have all done this reasarch FAR more thoroughly than you can even dream of… they have multi-million dollar business’s depending on it… not a few brownie points towards a course grade!

So what are the existing manufacturers offering?

They do not push ‘features’ unless people have suggested they are ‘useful’.

And more importantly how much are they charging?

Third Rule of Design; There are few Problems that can`t be solved with a big enough budget…

The ‘Bottom Line’… doesn’t matter how good you make it; its whether you can convince any-one to pay more than it costs to make it.

Now go do your own home work…

Calm down dear, it’s only a survey.