Help with drivers hours please

Hi, I am a bit confused regarding maximum hours you can work per week. Is it 60 hours or 144 in a 2 week period ?. Can I work 72 hours in one week ? And then 60 hours the next week ?. I will have my 2 days off as rest period. My driving time is fine as I only drive a maximum of 5-6 hours a day.

Are you excluding all breaks and POA? As they aren’t counted.
So you could do 84. (3 x 15 and 3 x 13)
But WTD is max 60 per week with average of 48.

144 is the max time period between any 2 weekly rests

Craig2222:
Hi, I am a bit confused regarding maximum hours you can work per week. Is it 60 hours or 144 in a 2 week period ?. Can I work 72 hours in one week ? And then 60 hours the next week ?. I will have my 2 days off as rest period. My driving time is fine as I only drive a maximum of 5-6 hours a day.

For the RT(WT)R 2005 you must not exceed 60 hours working time in a week (the week being 00:00 Monday to 24:00 Sunday).
Your average working time over the reference period must not exceed 48 hours per week.

Working time is driving and other work, breaks and POA do not count as working time.

As ROG has said the 144 hours is the maximum of six 24 hour periods between weekly rest periods.

When I am not driving, I will be down as other work. I am confused as I’ve read you can’t work no more than 60 hours in a week but I’ve also heard it’s 144 hours in a 2 week period.

My hours are day off Monday, 12 hours Tuesday,weds 12 hours,Thursday 12 hours,Friday 12 hours, Saturday 12 hours, Sunday 12 hours and Monday and Tuesday off the next week. Would this be ok ?

Craig2222:
When I am not driving, I will be down as other work

That’s not likely, you must have breaks so how many and how much break do you have in each shift.

Craig2222:
I am confused as I’ve read you can’t work no more than 60 hours in a week but I’ve also heard it’s 144 hours in a 2 week period.

You’ve been given the answer to this in the previous posts above, you can do a maximum of 60 hours working time in a week, breaks and POA are not counted as working time.

Craig2222:
My hours are day off Monday, 12 hours Tuesday,weds 12 hours,Thursday 12 hours,Friday 12 hours, Saturday 12 hours, Sunday 12 hours and Monday and Tuesday off the next week. Would this be ok ?

If you’re off work on Monday and then work 12 hour shifts Tuesday to Sunday that’s 72 hours so whether it’s legal or not will depend on what breaks you have.

Is this 6 on 2 off a regular shift pattern ?

No, it’s 4 on 4 off but 2 days overtime.

60 hours working…not 60 hours at work.

If you max just your driving time (2x 10 hours, and 4x 9 hours) that is 56 hours of work. You can then work a maximum of 4 hours “other work” all week.

Companies not drivers keep tabs of the WTD because they have the admin IT systems to do that
The driver simply gives the info via the card download to the company
Authorities have no sanctions listed for WTD breaches and I have not come across any company or driver who have been sanctioned by an authority

Craig2222:
Hi, I am a bit confused regarding maximum hours you can work per week.

Everything you need to get you started on the right track
youtube.com/watch?v=H3_U_eoo9o8