Help with CV !

Hello I have recently passed my class 2 and signed up to a couple of agency’s I have also recently left a post on here looking for advise on additional ways of finding work and the majority of people say your best bet is to get out there and “knock on doors” and get your CV about.

Having just Passed My class 2 I have absolutely nothing Driver related to put on a CV I have worked as a mechanical Fitter For the last year and a half And prior to that i Have worked in various factory’s And with that as a CV I just can’t see there Being any interest from potential employers.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can make my CV appear more appealing to potential Employers or just have any advice on CV’s in general :smiley:

When I was in your situation which was only last year and age not being on my side I knew I had to do something that would catch eyes. Luckily for me I’m computer literate and designed my own professional CV that would catch eyes and still does to this day.

This is my CV in a reduced size (obviously because it has personal details) but it gives you an idea.

The only thing you can really put on it is how much of an enthusiastic individual you are that make it well aware that you’re very keen and eager to learn.

Enthusiasm, good time keeping, willing to learn, reliability, etc.
Try an emphasis the good points, a good cv & visit any future employer in person can be beneficial, good luck with your job hunt :smiley:

I would suggest keep the CV basic and simple, or they will not have time to read it, and will look for the bits that stick out the most.

Send a good cover letter with it aswell :smiley:

And don’t forget the spelling check, & use a good quality writing paper for the covering letter :smiley:

Thanks everyone for the sound advice most appreciated :smiley: b

Sam can you just cover up your personal information and post your cv again or email it to me personally kyle2643@hotmail.com as it kind of the details that I am struggling with :blush: thanks Kyle

Kyle2643:
Thanks everyone for the sound advice most appreciated :smiley: b

Sam can you just cover up your personal information and post your cv again or email it to me personally kyle2643@hotmail.com as it kind of the details that I am struggling with :blush: thanks Kyle

Check your inbox :slight_smile:

Perfect Sam thanks for that mate ! :smiley: