Help with best route

Evening

Was lookong for a bit of advice if somebody has 5mins to help
Im tipping first thing monday morning at

Calverley Bridge
LEEDS LS13 1NP

I’m taking a flat with timber which I loaded Friday which is fairly high, will need to measure it first thing Monday morning but its a little above 15ft for sure.

I’m running down the m74 and on the m6 and from there I’m not sure of the best bearing in mind bridges.

Sat nav wants to take me a66/a1 or j36 of m6 and down a650
I’m just not familiar with this area.
I have just ordered an atlas with bridge heights from amazon so that should help in the future

Thanks

M6, A65 and follow sat nav. There is a restriction on the A65 but I think its about 15’9". There is also a 15’ 9" bridge in Shipley but you should be ok with that one too.

If your load is going to be over 15’9" hight then use the M6, A66, A1 and go in from that direction as there are no low bridges on that route.

M74, M6, A66, A1, A64, A6120 ring road, my preferred scenic route in a van (and slightly shorter) is down the A58 although that now has an 18T weight limit now, through the posh villages of Collingham, Bardsey and Scarcroft. I live just 3 miles up the road from your drop.

I put your start point as Glasgow for the purpose of this map. goo.gl/maps/FAM9d

I wouldn’t recommend the Shipley route as i worked there for 8 years, the traffic there is horrendous most of the time.

Me personally, I would go M74, M6, A66, A1, M1 to Junc 46 then take a right onto the Leeds r/road A6120, no issues with any bridges that way and all good roads ( M/way, Dual carriageway and Trunk rds ) Follow the A6120 and your destination is just off of it after about 12 miles. You could come off the A1 at the A64 but not sure about bridges on there.
Put the postcode into Google, click on the map to get a larger one and zoom out , you will be able to see the route I mean.
Hope this helps.

No bridges on A64.

roadrunner:
M74, M6, A66, A1, A64, A6120 ring road, my preferred scenic route in a van (and slightly shorter) is down the A58 although that now has an 18T weight limit now, through the posh villages of Collingham, Bardsey and Scarcroft. I live just 3 miles up the road from your drop.

I put your start point as Glasgow for the purpose of this map. goo.gl/maps/FAM9d

I wouldn’t recommend the Shipley route as i worked there for 8 years, the traffic there is horrendous most of the time.

Since when? I think you’re confusing yourself with the 18t weight limit down Easterly Rd into Leeds.

I’d go M74 M6 A66 A1 to J45 A58 and Ring Rd. No bridges to worry about on any of that.

Rob K:

roadrunner:

Since when? I think you’re confusing yourself with the 18t weight limit down Easterly Rd into Leeds.

I’d go M74 M6 A66 A1 to J45 A58 and Ring Rd. No bridges to worry about on any of that.

Since June 2012 when this photo was taken. goo.gl/maps/uxVkX your welcome. :wink:

Thanks very much

So either the a58 or the a64 seems the popular ways! I’ll go one of them! What junctions are these?
Running out of Lockerbie at 52mph, how long this gonna take 3-1/2?

I’d say about 3 and half to 4 hour.

roadrunner:

Rob K:

roadrunner:

Since June 2012 when this photo was taken. goo.gl/maps/uxVkX your welcome. :wink:

You wouldn’t be going down that bit of the road if you’ve come off the A1 so it doesn’t apply. There are no weight limit signs off J45 (the route you’d actually take down the 659) and none through Collingham either. No weight restriction coming off the Ring Road up the A58 either. Crack on, no reason to divert.