Help with a hiab

im going for a interview on the 28th with travis perkins which is great, im screaming for a job to get out of the crap one i have now. (doing 60+hours a week and paid only for 48…) the only issue is i have no idea how to operate a hiab beyond basic theory and common sense.

now they say in the advert that they will train you on hiab which is fine, but i think it would be of great advantage if ive been shown around one and given 10 minutes to familiarise myself with one before the interview. can anyone in bodmin, cornwall or nearby help?

thanks.

No point mate, I work at Travis a lot through agency. They are health and saftey freaks, does your head in all the rules and regs makes the job take ages (when your in the yard, when you leave what they dont know wont hurt). Any way the point theres no way they would let you operate the crane if you don’t have a hiab ticket, with there health an saftey rules.

which branch are you going to, Ive worked in all the ones near you.

bodmin branch

i know they wont let me touch it till i have the ticket, but i just want some 1st hand knowledge to go into the interview with…

The lorry is nice there, 4 over 4 split daf. Crane is not too temperamental.

Honestly I wouldn’t worry too much about the crane It takes a lot longer than 10 mins looking over one, Its one of those things that takes weeks of just doing it.

I would worry more about the interview than the lorry, If you want bonus points just go on about health and saftey lol.