Help with a cleaning issue

Can anyone suggest what I can use to get the dirt and grime off of the fuel tank, I’ve tried soap and water etc but it just will not shift.

Many thanks

Proper TFR at a slightly higher concertration than for normal washing or we use a product called “one up” I think it’s basically a fruit acid concertrate, so it’s totally organic, It’s used as a carpet cleaner, but it’s geat. used a concertration of about 1/10 it dissolves flies and bugs from the front of the truck without damaging the paint work although I wouldn’t leave it to dry on and even cleans the oil from the floor of a racing car when the engine explodes.

The company we get it from is called Simple Solutions based at Frans Green near Dereham.

i did car valeting for 3 years ,use TFR dilluted 10/1 if its really bad spay on neat ,then pressure wah it off, ware gloves though ,cos it burns like hell if u get it on ur skin and dont leave it too dry on red,or any other light colour paintwork ,it dulls it :slight_smile:

Be careful with alibrite as it eats into the alloy and turns it white eventually, use little with plenty of water

Or if you want that really bright shine that resembles a mirror,then once washed and dried,I’d recommend Peek.

Set aside plenty of time and elbow grease though,but once done,you’ll be able to use your tank as a shaving mirror.

Ken.

My brand new truck will be here in April whats the best way to go with a new one to get the tank shining?.

How much work is involved after its been polished does it need to be done regulalry or will it stay polished if its washed every day?.

I find the old Solvol Autosol brings tanks up a treat. Particularly if you do it when the metal is new.

Lots of effort to start with, have to polish in really small swirls for best effect.

However once it’s done, it takes only a few minutes a week to keep it shiny.