Help with 15 hour day

Hello, I do a 15 hour day twice a week but due to a new payment structure I need to work out the minimum amount of breaks I will need to take during the day. Thanks fot any help.

Davids3031:
Hello, I do a 15 hour day twice a week but due to a new payment structure I need to work out the minimum amount of breaks I will need to take during the day. Thanks fot any help.

45 min but that totally depends on other factors like driving time etc…

nick2008:

Davids3031:

45 min but that totally depends on other factors like driving time etc…

Driving time is ok, Max prob about 7 hours. What sort of time would I need to take the 15/30 min breaks? Thanks again for the help

It could be done with a 15 min and 30 min if the arrangement of working time and driving time allowed it. But if you have more than six hours working after your driving break you would need a further 15 min break.
And of course if you were doing more than nine hours driving you would need a second driving break.

So you could need to take a total of 45, 60 or 90 min break, depending on how those 15 hours are made up of working and driving.

If you were starting at 0600 you would need to start a 15 min by 1200. As long as you don’t hit 4h30 driving before 1430 a 30 min break ending after 1500 will cover you until 2100.

For every minute on poa that time shifts the 6 hour rule. ie if you start at 6 you need a break by 12 but if you had an hour and half poa that break isn’t needed until 1330

I start work at 0430, so a 15 before 1030. When would I need next break/breaks for a 1930 finish? Driving hours are fine for just the one break no more than 6/7 seven driving.

If you can take your 30 min break for your driving time as late as 1300 (to end after 1330) you won’t need any more breaks to finish the day at 1930. But if your 4h30 is up earlier than that you will need another 15 min to break up more than six hours working.

Just remember to make sure you’re not going over six hours working without a break. It’s easy to forget in the afternoon that it’s going to take more than six hours from the 30 min break to finish.

My routes mean I can usually take my breaks as a 15 followed by a 30 even when doing a 15 hour day. But sometimes I do a run with more driving earlier on in the shift, which would leave more than six hours from when I need the 30 min, so I need another 15 later on.

Davids3031:
I start work at 0430, so a 15 before 1030. When would I need next break/breaks for a 1930 finish? Driving hours are fine for just the one break no more than 6/7 seven driving.

At what time in the day do you usually reach the 4.5 hours driving point?

Davids3031:

If you have a 15 minute break at or before 10:30, assuming that you’ve done some driving this will be the first part of a split driving break.

You should then have the second part of your driving break (second part is a 30 minute break obviously taken before exceeding 4½ hours driving time) no later than six hours from the end of the previous break, if this second break is after 13:30 and you don’t do 4½ hours driving after the second break you’ll be fine.

Basically you need to try to arrange your driving breaks so that your first 15 minute break is at or before 10:30, you finish at 19:30 so your second 30 minute break needs to be no earlier than 13:00 (13:30 to 19:30 = six hours).
Given the amount of driving you do I imagine you could arrange your split driving break to fit into those times but only you know for sure.

As Nick said, for the WTD you need a total of 45 minutes break for a 15 hour shift, if you have a split 45 minute driving break at the right times you won’t need any-more break.

I wouldn’t be happy
being deducted more than 45/60 mins
no matter how long shift