Help, what to buy?

We are an exhibition company based in the midlands. Due to the nature of our business our vehicle usage is spasmodic and we may need a vehicle for two days one week then 1 day the following week, nothing for the next two weeks but then continues usage for 2 weeks. We have a couple of trailers but have always hired in the tractor units due to this profile. However we are now considering purchase of a unit as the vehicles on the hire market seem to be getting increasingly badly maintained and ever older leading to breakdowns which we cannot afford.
We know what spec, a 4x2 with twin sleeper cab, large fuel tanks, weight as low as 32 tonnes (everything we carry is light), Euro 5, on about an 08 plate, Our dilemma is what make and model to buy based on fuel consumption, reliability and European dealer network (in case of breakdowns).

What is the best?

most trucks these days are much the same, it’s a personal choice. in my experience dafaid is the best for europe

+1
if your bouncing round europe, then i’ve found dafaid pretty tough to beat. plus a good all round truck for euro work.

XF Daf…cheap to buy and maintain plus DAFAID is second to none in Europe

At that weight a well specced Actros or a DAF XF, if you are always double manning. For one man with occasional use I would probably go for a Volvo ishift.

What do you do, PM me if you like. I am nosey

Something like this.

by the sounds of it you require a truck to do a similar job to many race teams.

Restricting yourself to a 4x2 will limit what available in the UK as most uk hauliers will spec 6x2, going down this route will give you the widest choice.

As for which truck, well like has been said they are all pretty good and if you get a well maintained low mileage one it will last years on your type of work. I personally like Volvos, but I can seen the limitations of double manning one, the Daf XF’s do have great roomy cabs and I don’t think they’re big money secondhand.

m.a.n.xxl they r nice an cheap for4x2 loads of room and everything underneath is a sealed unit so wont rot when stood.